When you were Hard-Core JW, did Opponents Screaming or Filming you help your Exit?

by PokerPlayerPhil 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

All of us are upset in different ways, some of us are ferociously angry because, let's face it, it's our fault! I had many clues they were lying about our religion but I failed to see through them because of the pain of admitting we got conned and family pressure from peers stopped me from making a courageous choice. When I read about people who confronted the Elders and won their judicial committees (even though the JW Elders DF'ed them) my heart goes out to their courage, their amazingly stronger than I will ever be.

JWs and Ex-JWs are not masochist(that's why I started to fade, the hurtful lies and slander were to painful to handle), they don't enjoy pain or getting hurt nor do they thrive off evil and persecution. The majority of Ex-JWs are dignified and classy, a few are angry with just cause, I don't know how deep the pain is running in their hearts but it must be large to go back inside the Kingdom Hall and use tactics the Watchtower once used on peaceful Christians in the 1920s-1930s during their Sunday Worship with big horns screaming "Religion is a Snare and a Racket" campaign of Jehovah Witness Religious Intolerance! or love pain and persecution and doing our best to avoid it is what rational humans do.

I read many stories here and you too have had to deal with a large portion of sociopaths making rules for you to obey and handle the evil actions by ruthless men and women(I've now seen JW women are more wicked than the men in my experience) who enjoy hurting other women. These leaders of our Cult did not take "No!" or "I think it's a bad idea" or "I think your wrong!" without creating problems for us at the Kingdom Hall or spreading lies in our "circle of fake friends" When attending Meetings during your zealous involvement with Organiztation would protestors using strongarm methods have changed your minds they way facts on JWN and JW-Facts have? I learned the hard way recently that Elders and people in high places don't care about the Sheep, in fact they trampled on us because they can. In one of the books I am reading, it mentions Cults are means for some the worst of humanity to secure power and wield it over others in very harmful and egregious manners. No amount of yelling has helped me reinforce I was in a cult the way JWN and JW-Facts and all the wickedness caused by the Elders and their evil wives.

The gossiping and lies committed against us while being told "Wait on Jehovah to settle" by Elders who tell you "I know those Elders don't belong in their positions and I too wish Jehovah would remove them because they truly are evil(this told by the body of Elders I use to be friends with but are too afraid to take action. These older Elders are afraid of the wickedness used by the Elders screwing with me and my ex-wife, I would to punish them but that would made me like them.

"16"Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, 17Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow. 18"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.…

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/1-17.htm

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

People who acted like raving lunatics did little to make me question the "Truth."

Personal injustice and the facts are what helped in my case.

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    That stuff did not make me leave. At all, most of the people participating appeared unstable, I can understand how a cult can push you to that point, however, that's the challenge, not responding to crazy with crazy
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

All of us are upset in different ways, some of us are ferociously angry because, let's face it, it's our fault!

I disagree with this statement. Unless we were adults and can make our own decisions, how can we be blamed for being brainwashed as a young child? I think most of us on here were raised in the religion. As soon as I was old enough to reason for myself I started to fade.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have to say that coming in contact with the occasional aggressive apostates caused me to wonder -

- what the hell happened to you to make you so angry? .

I wasn't naive to the fact that within Dubdom (as with life in general) shit happens and these people were casualties.

So while it didn't "wake me up" it did arouse curiousity as to what circumstances brought about this reaction.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I think angry apostates just reinforced to me that I had the truth. What other religion is been do badly spoken against. In my opinion and case direct apostacy never works. There has to be an external trigger point (e.g an unsatisfactory answer, hurt feelings) that causes one to go searching. That's when the house of cards tumbles.
  • millie210
    millie210

It shut me down completely as to their having any legitimacy.

Whats that saying?

"Your actions speak so loudly I cant hear your words?"

• william draper
    william draper
    Why are they always asking me if I am a BROTHER , I m not wearing a dress am I ? Sorry my life doesn't allow me to get all dressed up all the time . So they looked down on me at every meeting I went to during the last few years , I mean if you can always be dressing up like that ,you ain't facing much persecution
  • recovering
    recovering
    I actually was 225 pounds of raw testosterone filled muscle in my late teens early 20s . They used me as security at the assemblies. I was supposed to keep a close eye on the protesters , "above all do not let them get to the stage" we where cautioned. I was brainwashed and the more they yelled the more convinced I was that there message was evil. They were mislead I was convinced.. Boy was I a fool. By the time I was in my mid 20s I realized it was me who was mislead.
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Dear William, your right I needed to qualify my statement by saying that people "of age" (what age in your opinion is fair to accept the blame for not using our brains, I am so mad at my ignorance and failure to think but won't protest in a Kingdom Hall no matter how much anger that could,might or won't release) are guilty because there are high school kids who have picked the religion apart. I remember the Elders disfellowshiped a teenager for "apostasy" because of their inability to answer his sincere questions about the Organization.

What does that say about people like me who stayed in the Organization until I was treated badly and that's when I question it's validity? Shame on me, I tried to catch the teenager through Facebook and apologize because I refused to hear his arguments about the Truth being false. At what point is it our fault we allowed ourselves to coast along, refuse to engage with educated members of the world and admit as a religion, we are some of the most selfish people in the World?

Yes, I committed a "hasty generalization" error and apologize for not adding proper additions, when do you think it's our fault for failure to recognize we were not thinking and blindly led by a majority of ignorant tricked me too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit