Black Friday Stampedes VS. District Convention Morning Gate Openings

by Mr. Falcon 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I remember those years and saw it all, it was so frustrating for me. We use to have to go to Vet Stadium in Philly and that was a hell hole. There was no relief from the hot humid air, you could cut with a knife and the only "good" seating was under the cigarette signs and they closed it off so you couldn't go there. You could catch a breeze up there. Finally we stopped going because I had health problems and the last day there my Bible was sitting out in the sun and I reached over to pick it it and it was so hot it literally burned my finger where I had a blister! That was it for us! We traveled 5 hours to stay in a nice air conditioned place with nice seating. The place was so disgusting because you would see people with blankets laying all over the hallways until they finally put an end to it and the weird thing is during football season some men would urinate in the halls when they got drunk and then these people would lay in it. Most of us were so glad when they blew it up!! Hubby was a parking attendant and an attendant inside and he saw all of that rude behavior. I saw all of the crazy shoving and pushing and it drove me nuts. When we went to the vet there were over 20,000 at a time and the people you saw made you wonder where they came from, I hated that place. The other thing at that venue was people brought tarps and so they would run to get a hole section for their families and friends and would set up poles and rope everything off with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit