JWs win constitutional challenge in Puerto Rico

by behemot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A gated community?! Sounds like a "personal ministry" for an eager dubby! Oh, whats that? He won't preach in his own neighborhood because he does not even know what he believes, and just wants some privacy in his gated community.. The GB can drum up some persecution with this! JWs must preach in favorable and troublesome seasons. Sounds like a yearbook story in the making! Maybe Andre' will get arrested!

It won't be long before all publishers are no longer considered " ordained ministers ", only the Elders will have that title. Everyone else will have a "personal ministry", not legally associated with the WTBTS. Of course not signing up for your "personal ministry" will mark you as spiritually weak, and as a possible "false apostle." Shunning will swiftly follow.

DD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I recall another thread on this topic. When I researched the case, the problem before the court was that Puerto Rico was making what would be considered public streets in the main USA private. I am not certain whether there was an express purpose to bar Witnesses. It may be limited in its applcabilty to Puerto Rico.

If anyone has ever researched where private property rights begin-the sidewalk, stairs to entrance, lawn, front door - I remain interested. I don't believe you need "NO Tresspasing" signs to bar Witnesses from private property. They are unsightly. I have yet to check it, though. It appears that the Society is telling Witnesses that they can enter private property as long as there is no sign.

These rules are important in real life. Living in apartment buildings, I don't want strangers in the building unless expressly invited by a tenant. If questioned, I want the name and phone number of the tenant. I suppose pit bulls make good signs.

• Violia
    Violia

I'm sure a lot of us saw the Seinfeld episode on this. Elaine buzzes up some jws ( among other things) and eventually gets kicked out of her building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit