Am I wrong about this aspect of WTS theology?

by drewcoul 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

It seems to me, that if the WTS is right, the only thing that would matter is that people are converted to the JW religion before armageddon. All people throughout the thousands of years of human history will be resurrected according to them, right? Only except for those who are DF'd when they die. Therefore, those who died as faithful JW's before armageddon fare no better than those who were never JW's and die before armageddon.

Is my understanding correct? I was raised as a Witness, and this has always bothered me. How in the world does this make any sense?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are essentially correct. But they keep screaming that the end is so imminent and that people who reject Jehovah and "His organization" who are alive at the Great Tribulation will judged and killed by Jehovah. So JW's are better off, according to the doctrine, as long as Armageddon comes in their lifetime.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The ones who die before Armageddon don't get any sex

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

It doesn't. Read the account of Matthew 25, where Christ judges each person brought before his throne individually. There are many terrible, absolutely evil (that I know personally) people in the WTS, just as it is the same outside the WTS (and genuinely good people vice versa). Membership to one specific organization simply can't be the deciding factor whether or not you bite it when you are judged, as Matthew 25 goes on to explain the criteria for judgement.

• teel
    teel

Yep, you are correct. Therefore the most humane thing a JW can do is go on a rampage killing everyone. They are much more likely to be resurrected, than if they are witnessed to. And what does it matter that the killer JW does not get resurrected, because he broke the "don't kill" law? You're supposed to be selfless... and giving your eternal life in return for the eternal life of hundreds is a real bargain, and a no brainer for any selfless person.

• nugget
    nugget

It is mad their theology is flawed and I refuse to accept that because I refused to worship lying, corrupt men then god is going to kill me and my children in a massive killing spree.

It is more likely that the JWs are in the most danger as they can never live up to their own standards.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

DFed ones are also resurrected if they die before armageddon, death deletes all sins, remember?

and yeah, the best thing for a JW to do is going on a killing spree followed by suicide. this way everyone including the martyr will be resurrected.

i knew several JWs who commited suicide, because for them it was the better choice than bear with everyday JW life.

but this is common christian theology. if a christian denies god right before he dies, he'd go to hell. if some hitler repents on his deathbed, he'd go to heaven, or probably serves some time in the purgatory before going there.

• The Finger
    The Finger

What seems strange is that 35 years ago when I was pioneering and felt how important it was to reach people with the message whilst time remained, alot of those people have died including some of the people we studied with. Some of the kids I witnessed to at school at the time of my leaving are dead. They could not accept the "Truth" My zeal and faith that the time remaining was short and they needed to act to survive Armageddon.

If the Witnesses are right they will come back and I will be gone. How ironic. lol.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The ones who die before Armageddon don't get any sex

LOL!! I haven't thought about this one in a while Black Sheep. But it's true, if you die before Armageddon then you wil be resurrected and bE like the angels in that you won't get married (which in paradise translates to no sex). So widows and widowers dont' look forward to being reunited with dead spouses, because they can only be friends. Which clears up a pretty messy aspect of resurrection---the dead ex's. LOL ESPECIALLY if they go all Eden like and don't wear clothes. errrr AWKWARD!

LOL LOL LOL

Blacksheep I'm gonna giggle about this all day.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Since this is very closely related to you question, I have one of my own that needs clarification. So thousands upon millions of people with become ressurrected from the past however many years. They would know that they were essentially resurrected correct? I'm sure that those supposed resurrected ones wouldn't turn on God at that point. Not i'm no expert in population control. But if even half of all those resurrected ones came to accept the "teachings", wouldn't the population of the "New System" be no better than today, if not worse? I never wanted to ask this to a brother or sister. They who slap me for questioning Jehovah or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit