Little Darth Vader made my night during the Super Bowl. I could totally relate to that commercial.

by miseryloveselders 10 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I usually don't get caught up in they hype of Super Bowl commercials, and I was flipping through various channels during commercial breaks. However, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the Lil Darth Vader Volkswagon spot. Well done. It touched me personally, because every kid I grew up with wanted to be Darth Vader at one point or another. I wanted to be Darth Vader at one point, Boba Fett at another point (that rocket pack was too sick!!), Megatron at one point, Skywarp at one point, Raphael from TMNT, so many good cartoon and sci-fi characters that made an impression on me. Even before I hit puberty, I knew there was something about Evil Lyn and the Baroness that I found appealing. I just didn't know what it was until around the 9th or 10th grade. But again, well done to the folks at Volkwagen and whomever they had put that commercial together. Almost brought a tear to my eye and warmed my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

• AGuest
    AGuest

Didn't watch the SB (gag!!), but really cool commercial! Thanks, dear MLE... and peace to you!

A slave of Christ, who "loved" Space Ghost, Sinbad, and the dad from the Herculoids (who no one else seem to remember - ARGHH!)... and oh yeah, George Jetson...

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

0208_james_vader_Getty_ZOOM_LAUNCH

His name is Max Page.

He got to meet "The Voice."

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Volkswagon's Darth was #1 in my opinion too, but the "official winner" for best commercial was the Doritos commercial with the Pug (dog). Interestingly enough, this was the winner of an ametuer competition, was produced in 2 weeks from conception to finish, and the cost to produce was $500 (including refreshments for the crew). Whatcha think Bud Lite execs and all those others in the ivory towers are thinking about spending $millions with ad agencies??

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, that kid looks just like Mark Hamil too. That's crazy!

Aguest, I remember the Herculoids, I watched that faithfully as a child.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I miss Bud Bowl.

• MeanMrMustard
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    I remember the Herculoids,

With Gloop and Gleep, dear MLE (again, peace to you!)????? Omigosh... where WAS everyone else? I mean, it came on right after Space Ghost and folks remember him! LOLOLOLOL!

I watched that faithfully as a child.

Me, too! Thank you for saying so, dear one!

SA, on her own....

• tec
    tec

I don't know what Space Ghost or Herculoids is... sorry ;)

That was an awesome commercial, loved it.

Tammy

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Oh geez, I remember the Bud Bowls. Hell I remember when college marching bands did the halftime at Super Bowls and insurance companies did the commericials. Although my favourite was Farrah Fawcett doing a toothpaste commercial during Super Bowl 3 between the Jets and the Colts. Just sayin'.

Loved the Darth Vader commercial. One of my all time favourites!

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit