Interesting you tube video

by alanv 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• alanv
    alanv

Watching this video left me wandering a bit Iif a person is wrongly disfellowshipped for whatever reason and they appeal against it and are then reinstated, would the elders actually announce in the hall that so and so has been reinstated. If that was so it would be pretty obvious to most people that the disfellowshipping decision was wrong, ie the elders made a mistake. Has anyone here ever had that happen at their kingdom hall in the past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqhCfmqhMs8

• boyzone
    boyzone

Alan

I don't think any announcement is made of any sort until after the appeal has been heard

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for that Boyzone. Did you mean they would not announce the original disfellowship decision, if the person concerned said they will appeal against it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A member has 7 days to appeal the decision to disfellowship. No announcement is made for at least 7 days and the other members continue to "fellowship" with the member who appeared before the committee. If the member appeals, no announcement can be made until the process is finished and then only if the appeal committee decides to disfellowship.

The magic moment that the home congregation announces a disfellowshipping becomes the moment when family and friends must begin to shun. Sometimes, this announcement is delayed without an appeal because the announcements are not made when the C.O. is visiting or the meeting is cancelled for an assembly or for weather. Then, magically, the disfellowshipped member has an extra week of "fellowship" before everyone shuns him.

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks onthewayout. That's real inside imformation. It's something I had never thought of before, but something I read just made me wonder about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit