Jesus vs Satan

by scary21 23 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Hi everybody! My daughter, who's not a JW,is visiting me. Both her grandmothers are Jw, so she went to.. meetings while growing up. She is now telling me that she was told ......and always believed ,Jehovah created Satan first, before Jesus.she says the bible speaks of Satan in the book of Genesis, but not Jesus. Please tell her what Jw teach......She doesn't beleive me ,,,,,,,thanks!

• tec
    tec

As far as I know, witnesses teach that Christ is the first created being.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

What syl said!

• Deeraq
    Deeraq

I know you already know this but for my own peace of mind: Jehovah did not create satan. Jehovah created an angel who then made himself satan. Had to get that out....out of PURE respect for my God Jehovah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Buy her an easy to understand book on critical thinking BEFORE she joins a cult.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Gospel of John as well as Colossians ( to name just two) make it clear that Jesus was NOT created but that he was always with God, even before the first "act of creation", which was done through Jesus by the way.

Satan was the "tempter" and the "accuser" of Humanity, he is OUR archenemy, not God's or Jesus's, OURS.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The Gospel of John as well as Colossians ( to name just two) make it clear that Jesus was NOT created but that he was always with God, even before the first "act of creation", which was done through Jesus by the way.

That's not quite accurate, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!). I can explain why, if you'd like. Otherwise, I would exhort you to read Genesis, John, and Colossians, again, and perhaps you will "see" why.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird
    As far as I know, witnesses teach that Christ is the first created being. Tammy
    What syl said! Darth

LOL.

Though it flatters me to no end to be mistaken for Tammy, I have to speak up and say I am not she.

Syl

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My bad

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    That's not quite accurate, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!). I can explain why, if you'd like. Otherwise, I would exhort you to read Genesis, John, and Colossians, again, and perhaps you will "see" why.

Not sure what you mean Shelby, are you saying that we will find Jesus being created in Genesis, John and Colossians?

John makes it clear that Jesus was with God from the beginning, which means he existed BEFORE God created "the beginning".

John makes it clear that ALL was made Through Jesus.

Colossians states that Christ was firstborn of all creation ( not that he was created, he was "born" before creation) and that ALL things in heaven and Earth were created by/in Him.

As for Genesis, we see that "spirit" of God working at the very beginning of the act of creation and that spirit is Christ and that Christ was active even before creation started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit