Better Kingdom Melodies

by LittleMac 22 Replies latest jw friends

• VOLO
    VOLO

All three of those kid's songs are nice. I only remember the middle one so the other ones must be in the new songbook although I'm sure at the KH hall their pretty melodies are spoiled by all the offkey untrained voices. I'm told that most of my old favorites got the boot. Figures.

One time I was at the grocery and heard a familiar tune on the Muzak. I was shocked that the Muzak company would borrow one of "our" Kingdom songs without permission since I knew Bethel would never have agreed to it. A few years later I was listening to a concert of music by either Schubert or Schuman and there it was again! It turned out that WE were the ones who hijacked it. By that time, I wasn't shocked at all except that nobody else ever seemed to notice how we recycled a worldly song.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Bethel recycles stuff all the time. They "borrow" cover art and illustrations too. Here's one of the more popular examples that they got in trouble for:

And here is their lying response as to why it was changed:

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Brotherdan, those guys made the Kingdom Melodies sound cool! Tastefully done too. And the middle one - what a rock anthem that could be LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit