2011 Yearbook: Singing Praise to Jehovah

by pirata 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pirata
    pirata

2011 Yearbook, Singing Praise to Jehovah, p.17-21:

Singing songs of praise to Jehovah is an integral part of our worship. At the 2009 conventions, therefore, God's servants were overjoyed when they were told of a new songbook, Sing to Jehovah. But why was a new songbook needed?

From time to time, we have revised our songbooks to keep them in line with increased spiritual light. (Prov 4:18) Preparation of a new songbook thus provides an opportunity for needed adjustments to be made to the lyrics of our songs. Wording has been selected that makes it easier to absorb the meaning of the song while it is being sung and to make the words easier to remember. To help further with memorization, many of the songs have been shortened. Where appropriate choruses have been added to provide meaningful repetition of key thoughts. In addition, an effort was made to assign each syllable of each word to a single note, rather than to place more than one syllable on a note.

A careful analysis of our previous songbook, Sing Praises to Jehovah, revealed that some of the melodies needed adjustments to make them easier to sing. As a result, some of the songs have now been lowered in pitch so that the higher notes are easier to sing. Also, not all songs were being sung exactly as they were written in the book. So in some cases the melody itself has been adjusted to match the more natural manner in which the songs were actually being sung by our brothers internationally.

Details, such as how the music is printed on the page, were given special consideration. While longer songs have been spread across two pages to accommodate the longer text of translated languages, songs have been placed so that there is no need to turn a page during a song. No songs are longer than three verses.

How was the mammoth task of preparing the new songbook accomplished? In August 2007, a team of experienced composes and lyricists were invited to assist the Governing Body with the project. All of the songs in the previous songbook were examined meticulously to identify problems with doctrinal content, word emphasis, and melodic issues. It was apparent that some of the older melodies were fine but that they required new lyrics. Other songs that required little adjustment to lyrics needed substantial changes to their melodies. Then, the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body approved a list of topics to be considered in songs for Christian meetings, assemblies, conventions and dedication programs.

In addition, the composers took time to reexamine the style of music used by our brothers at our meetings. To produce reverent yet appealing songs, they avoided music that sounded like hymns used in Christendom's churches. At the same time, they did not want songs of praise to Jehovah to lean toward styles that have become popular in many charismatic churches.

Throughout the project, the Governing Body carefully monitored the composition and words of each song. Groups of new songs that the Governing Body was not familiar with were recorded by singers for the Governing Body to listen to and review. As soon as these songs were approved, they were sent to translating branches for translation of the lyrics so that vernacular songbooks could be released at the same time as the English songbook.

Additionally, in 2007, the Governing Body arranged for a chorus of singers to produce recordings that would help the congregation members to learn the songs. For many years a volunteer orchestra from 14 branches has assembled about twice a year at Patterson, New York, to record music for educational programs produced by Jehovah's Witnesses, including dramas, video productions, and musical accompaniment for conventions and assemblies. These dedicated brothers and sisters, many of them full-time ministers, use their time and resources to travel and record music for the benefit of the international brotherhood. All are skilled musicians. The orchestral recordings are then shared with branches around the world to provide background music for their conventions and for the production of vocal renditions in dozens of local languages. Many of the vocal recordings made at the branches are now available for download from our Web site www.jw.org.

What has been the reaction to the new songbook, Sing to Jehovah? This letter from a sister is typical of hundreds of letters of appreciation that have been received: “Please allow me to begin this letter by thanking you for the beautiful new songs in our new songbook. They are moving, faith-strengthening, and comforting – a delightful gift from Jehovah.”

It is our desire that the songbook Sing to Jehovah will be a source of comfort and encouragement to our worldwide brotherhood. Whether we are alone or gathered together with our fellow worshipers, may we use it to express our love for our heavenly father, Jehovah!

• bobld
    bobld

Going back to the yearbook.So the GB researches all books,libaries,publications,etc.so we can have the proper food at the proper time.However,they have to edit,change,delete and re-write their own history, song book.When I compare their WT with their bound volumes they are different.I can't not believe these guys.

B

• pirata
    pirata

bobId, other than that ONE change regarding the end coming before the end of the 20th century, which they caught after printing the magazine, no one has found any other differences between the bound volume and the WT magazine. Did you find others?

• man in black
    man in black

How was the mammoth task of preparing the new songbook accomplished

from what I have seen and heard, assigning tonedeaf individuals to oversee this assignment was the biggest part.

• alanv
    alanv

Can you believe it. Even their songs apparantly come from the gov. body. At least that is what they tell the sheep. I think in reality other ordinary JWs would do all the work and the old men would have given their blessing to it when it was finished.

They like to show that everything comes from the gov body, when in fact most time it comes from editorial staff

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry in advance for my fellings contained in brackets..........I've had enough of being lauded over by a delusional Governing Body who tell god what he may and may not do!

2011 Yearbook, Singing Praise to(the Governing Body who are greater than) Jehovah, p.17-21:

Singing songs of praise to Jehovah (the GB) is an integral part of our worship. (There isn’t anything else that is actually ‘WORSHIP’ at the meetings unless you count the prayers in thanks to the GB)At the 2009 conventions, therefore, God's servants were overjoyed (underwealmed) when they were told of a new songbook, Sing to (the GB) Jehovah. But why was a new songbook needed? (Obviously to cover up old lies? More ‘bait and switch’ propaganda techniques added to make us obey the GB)

From time to time, we have revised our songbooks to keep them in line with increased spiritual light. (Shifting opinions of men. Covering up failed prophecy as an example) (Prov 4:18 always used but totally out of context and one of the ONLY scriptures they have to cover their jacksies) Preparation of a new songbook thus provides an opportunity for needed adjustments to be made to the lyrics of our songs. (still droning crap though) Wording has been selected that makes it easier to absorb the meaning of the song while it is being sung and to make the words easier to remember. (Yes, like ‘Ever Loyal’ remember it’s all about praising and obeying the GB who are so all powerful they even tell God what to do and what to think) To help further with memorization, many of the songs have been shortened. (But are still crap) Where appropriate choruses have been added to provide meaningful repetition of key thoughts. (Hammer those lies home!) In addition, an effort was made to assign each syllable of each word to a single note, rather than to place more than one syllable on a note. (Why are some of them just as hard to get your teeth around as the old ones then?)

A careful analysis of our previous songbook, Sing Praises to Jehovah, revealed that some of the melodies (Plinky Plonky Monotone drones) needed adjustments (Put the whole lot in the bin) to make them easier to sing. As a result, some of the songs have now been lowered in pitch so that the higher notes are easier to sing. (Sounds like a REAL musician…NOT) Also, not all songs were being sung exactly as they were written in the book. (A bit like the ‘TrooOOOooOOth’, it keeps changing with the opinions of men from Brooklyn) So in some cases the melody(Melody? Don’t make me laugh, more like communist anthems...no offence to communists) itself has been adjusted to match the more natural manner in which the songs were actually being sung by our brothers internationally. (So, some ‘Brothers’ not ‘Sisters’ internationally, fall asleep during the hum-drum melo....mel...no I can't use that word, too?)

Details, such as how the music is printed on the page, were given special consideration. While longer songs have been spread across two pages to accommodate the longer text of translated languages, songs have been placed so that there is no need to turn a page during a song. No songs are longer than three verses. (No one turns the pages, they’re either asleep or bored spitless)

How was the mammoth task of preparing the new songbook accomplished? (With money making in mind. New songbook, cheap printing, more contributions than cost of said printing. GB continue to live like 'worldly' rock stars) In August 2007, a team of experienced composes and lyricists (Old hacks, some of which are probably no longer JW’s) were invited to assist the Governing Body (Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB)with the project. All of the songs in the previous songbook were examined meticulously (Yeah, right, 'meticulously', let's give them some credit. Why not for a change, it'd be a first!) to identify problems with doctrinal content, (Old lies….er ..sorry, I mean ‘light’) word emphasis, and melodic issues. (Melodic issues…BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! The songs are awful…the melodic issues is THERE IS NO MELODY) It was apparent that some of the older melodies were fine(JW buzz word)but that they required new lyrics. (No!! No, they require destroying forever and replacing with Church Hymns of Death Metal)Other songs that required little adjustment to lyrics needed substantial changes to their melodies. (Why do they say ‘melody’ when there is none?) Then, the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body (Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB please take all my money) approved a list of topics to be considered in songs for Christian (Anti-Christ) meetings, assemblies, conventions and dedication programs. (And other such boring occasions that are just adverts for door knocking to get cash for the GB)

In addition, the composers (Posers) took time to reexamine the style of music used by our brothers at our meetings. To produce reverent yet appealing songs, (A pity they failed miserably then) they avoided music that sounded like hymns (Shame) used in Christendom's churches (Oooh, are we about to start name calling?). At the same time, they did not want songs of praise to Jehovah to lean toward styles that have become popular in many charismatic churches. (Yep, here we go…name calling. The GB are better and JW’s are so special and pious)

Throughout the project, the Governing Body (Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB please take all my money) carefully monitored the composition and words of each song. Groups of new songs that the Governing Body (Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB please take all my money) was not familiar with were recorded by singers for the Governing Body(Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB please take all my money) to listen to and review. As soon as these songs were approved, they were sent to translating branches for translation of the lyrics so that vernacular songbooks could be released at the same time as the English songbook. (How many more times are the GB going to be mentioned worshipfully here?)

Additionally, in 2007, the Governing Body (…and yet again….Bows down low to worship the ‘modern day’ GB. We are not worthy. Oh, HOLY GB please take all my money) arranged for a chorus of singers to produce recordings that would help the congregation members to learn the (Pro GB propaganda) songs. For many years a volunteer orchestra(Yep. They weren’t paid. More cash for the GB) from 14 branches has assembled about twice a year at Patterson, New York, to record music for educational (mind controlling to do more door knocking or die at Armageddon indoctrination sessions) programs produced by Jehovah's Witnesses, including dramas, (Poor sods in bed sheets pretending there was a GB in the 1 st century) video productions, (More lies about JW history like ‘faith on the march’)and musical accompaniment for conventions and assemblies. (mind controlling to do more door knocking or die at Armageddon indoctrination sessions)These dedicated brothers and sisters, (Oooh, sisters get a mention, WOW! Whatever next…we’re sorry about 1975? No. I’m getting carried away) many of them full-time ministers, use their time and resources to travel and record music for the benefit of the international brotherhood. All are skilled musicians. (Yep. They weren’t paid. More cash for the GB) The orchestral recordings are then shared with branches around the world to provide background music for their conventions (mind controlling to do more door knocking or die at Armageddon indoctrination sessions)and for the production of vocal renditions in dozens of local languages. Many of the vocal recordings made at the branches are now available for download from our Web site www.jw.org.

What has been the reaction to the new songbook, Sing to Jehovah? This letter from a sister (WOW! A ‘sister’ gets a mention. I wonder if she really exists or was made up like ‘questions from readers’?)is typical of hundreds of letters of appreciation that have been received: “Please allow me to begin this letter by thanking you for the beautiful new songs in our new songbook. They are moving, faith-strengthening, and comforting – a delightful gift from Jehovah.” (Of which I made contributions in the box so the GB can continue to live like ‘worldly’ celebrities)

It is our desire that the songbook Sing to Jehovah (When we say Jehovah, which is our ‘brand name’ for god, we really mean - Praise the greater than god GB)will be a source of comfort and encouragement to our worldwide brotherhood. Whether we are alone or gathered together with our fellow worshipers, (for mind controlling to do more door knocking or die at Armageddon indoctrination sessions)may we use it to express our love for our heavenly father, Jehovah! (When we say Jehovah, which is our ‘brand name’ for god, we really mean - Praise the greater than god GB who are your overlords)

• elderelite
    elderelite

"some songs wernt being sung as written"... what the hell?? what does that mean? we wern't singing the right words even though they were right in front of us?? so changing the words will make us then sing them as they were written? That crappy new song book was the first step towards making me see just how dumbed down this org continually goes. I am not a very smart person, but even on as dull witted as I can only sink so low. this new song book is totall crap.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Not sure if anyone else has noticed it, or if this has been posted before, but there is one new song that sounds EXACTLY like the theme music to Jurassic Park.

elderelite - If you want to learn how to sing the songs correctly, be sure to check out the Choir editions. You know.... the same kind of religious choir music that JW's used to always bash "Christendom" for.....

what's next? Daily Mass?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What a complete waste of time. Taking the higher notes away? Aren't there some higher notes than that in some Christmas songs? Yet, most of the Christmas songs are easier to sing than this Kingdumb sxxx.

Easier to memorize? I think it's easier to become indoctrinated if one listens to these songs seriously, making them extremely dangerous to listen to and learn. As for easier to sing, I don't think so--not when they come out sounding like dying cats and cult chants when sung according to the book. And the letter stating that the songbook is favorably received has to be fake: More appropriate would be most of the congregation not liking it or even wondering how they call this sxxx "music".

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    To produce reverent yet appealing songs, they avoided music that sounded like hymns used in Christendom's churches.

And yet, I prefer a good hymn over a kingdom melody any day. You can't beat a good rendition of "Amazing Grace". I'll take that over "Love that is intense and pure" every time.

Maybe they can take a lesson from "wicked" Christendom. It's obvious that their current "song writing" staff has much to be desired. Why are we still singing 1920's style music? Why just a piano? Why not some bass and drums? How bout instead of boring, mindless singing, we actually focus on our worship and the intense emotions that should come with it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit