The Next Change: What Are Publishers Worth?

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

If you are right, Giordano (and you very well might be) the class structure within the Society will be accentuated. When people are cut to improve the bottom line the survivors experience psychological side effects. Many become insecure, some become cynical, some feel guilty that they have not been affected while others have, and many will begin to see "management" in a less humanitarian light. People begin to leave in their own minds, even if fear and inertia keeps them physically inside. If the WTS goes the corporate downsizing route they will save a great deal of money, but there will be a heavy cost to its paternal, protective and loving image. That said, I hope you are right. It would be another foundation block hauled out from beneath the Watchtower.

• metatron
    metatron

A bit of history: during the 70's, they fanatically held onto Bethelites inspite of overwhelming evidence that they had severe problems with behavior and outright cynicism. It didn't matter. They had slaves and greedily didn't want to lose them. Maybe if ten plagues had hit them they would have relented.

They can't directly sort out the more useless publishers from any others so it will be approximate at best and guided always by the wonderful simplifying power of economics. I see no need for doctrinal change or much of anything else within the broader context of what the organization really is - an addiction to the idea of Armageddon suddenly removing all problems......................Soon! It ain't about logic.

Good God, if I could send any message to these self deceiving frauds, it might be that the world isn't going to hold still for you. It will progress and create wonders and challenges you haven't even dreamed about. Expecting Armageddon to come any day now and save your derriere is just foolishness. The 19th century ended a long time ago and its time to get real.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit