I NEED AN OPERATION!

by Maddie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have just been told that I have an ovarian cyst and need an operation to remove it. Apparently Ihave had it a long time and it is a rather bizarre form of cyst called a Dermoid Cyst. I was wondering if any of the ladies on JWN have had the same type or know anything about them? I will probably be having it removed within the next two weeks so appreciate any input.

Thanks Maddie

• rnovello
    rnovello

I have the same thing. was suppose to have removed almost two weeks ago when they took the gall bladder, but couldnt do it . Now I have to go back for another surgery. Know nothing about that type of cyst. May just let it be. Ive been miserable.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Bump!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Maddie,

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about this type of cyst. Wanted to just say that I hope that everything goes 'ok' with your procedure and that you are on the mend quickly.

-J

• snowbird
    snowbird

No cysts, but I've had a hysterectomy due to large fibroids.

I hope all goes well, Maddie.

Syl

• Gregor
    Gregor

These are very strange cyst growths that can contain strands of hair, teeth and bone, etc. Google it. Wikipedia covers it thoroughly. They are seldom malignant.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Best wishes Maddie for the op.

Just wanted to say my wife (oneoftwelve here) had the same op as snowbird. It's a pretty big surgery but she was home after two days. I just don't know how similar it will be to yours.

• fokyc
  • JRK
    JRK

Maddie,

From an old friend in the States, may you recieve all blessings. A kiss for you on the forehead, and numerous hugs, as you walk down this road. Thank God you have sociallized medicine!

JK

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I had one removed when I had my first baby (removed during C section). It had particles of hair and teeth and was non malignant, which fortunately they tend to be. I had been down to my doctors several times complaining of a lump and pain so bad it caused me to faint. He was a bit of a numpty and said it was due to normal monthly hormones.

There is a risk you will lose your ovary, but everything works just as well with one so don't worry.......... I was pregnant with my second baby within 2 months of trying:)

My cyst was the size of a grapefruit and after it was removed I was pain free for the first time in years. My tummy was also flatter than pre pregnancy.

Hope it all goes well for you and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit