Yoga......JW view

by confuzzled777 27 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

AN UPDATE: My hubby LOVED our Yoga class last night!!!!! I am SO excited!! Looks like it will be a weekly thing for us!

Funny thing I had asked my friend who attended last sunday with me if she wanted to meet us up there. She was already there for another class so she stayed for the Yoga. Her hubby and mine are good friends as well. Her hubby called my hubby to see if he wanted to go out for drinks after work. My hubby told him that he was going to Yoga and invited him to with him. His friend showed up and surprised his wife!! She said it was a first for him. He LOVED it as well and is looking forward to NEXT friday!!

GREAT night all in all!! Thanks again for the needed support yesterday. I was glad to have a place to come vent. Things turned out WAY better than I could have even asked for. YAY!!

• poppers
    poppers

That's great, confuzzled.

• VIII
    VIII

Confuzzled, since you are now running, yoga will really help with your running. There are lots of great running yoga programs and poses that will really help stretch out your limbs after a run.

I do yoga after I run pretty much every time. I have less pain and less recovery time.

If you have an iPhone there are lots of free podcasts you can download and watch free video on yoga specific for runners. It has been great.

Also, Runner's World magazine online has a great area of their site which is devoted to yoga for runners. You may want to give it a try.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

There are also muscle recovery drinks. Endurox is my favorite, but there others. It gives your muscles the needed nutrients after a hard workout. It keeps you from getting super sore. I usually mix a half dose with water and drink after workouts.

Skeeter

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I have been so relaxed at the end of a yoga class, laying flat on my back for final relaxation--corpse pose!!--that I have almost fallen asleep. This, in the middle of the day, in broad bright daylight and on a HARD WOOD FLOOR. It's amazing.

And I've been doing Vinyasa, not Hatha, though I'm not sure there's a huge difference. I've also done power yoga, which is like vinyasa, only moving faster through the poses.

Love the Smurfette Yoga pants. I wanna pair!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I love yoga! I live too far from any classes but the 1st DVD I bought I was so nervous. I was looking behind my shoulder and when I did yoga at home I closed the shades. It took a while to get JW paranoia out of me. Now I don't care who knows my love for yoga! And no demons hurt me

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Without yoga, I wake up several times a week in excruciating neck pain that also causes me to vomit uncontrollably over and over again. on those days I cannot even take a sip of water to stay hydrated. Usually it will pass by evening, but sometimes it can carry on for days.

The doctors solution is muscle relaxants and prescription pain killers. Those just make me numb and dumb and still very much in pain.

People who are afraid of yoga because of its spiritual/religeous/demonic side are just plain ignorant. If they suffer with chronic pain, they are avoiding something that could transform their lives.

I am not a "spiritual" person, I believe in logic, science and common sense.

I practice yoga because it is the only thing that gets me out of pain.

Without yoga my six year old would have a mom that was unavailable several days a week.

With yoga she has a mom that is around all week, plus she loves to do the poses with me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've tried hatha yoga in a gym. There was no spiritual aspect to it. It did not even seem foreign b/c it is so mainstream now. Later, I attended a kundalini yoga class at a major university. The instructors were zealots for the religious aspect. Kundalini was harder. My body changed so much during the session. The temperature of my body was all over the place. Most of it was intense breathing exercise.

I live in not so great suburbs now. Hatha yoga is available but not in a sustained way.

For some reason, I never feared demons in yoga; I fear demons. Growing up in NY, public television broadcast a daily yoga show. It was a spartan show. Demons did not dance around. We use arabic numerals. They are from a pre-Moslem Arab culture that worshipped many gods. Many people practice numerology. The world is rife with similar items.

Doing yoga is gutsy for an active Witness. Enjoy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit