I dreamed I was outed on this site

by NewChapter 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So I dreamed that I had pontificated about some-self important point or another, and someone responded to my post by using my real name. In my dream, I experienced all the emotions and ended with, "Oh Well, now I can put anything I want on my FB page." Obviously, I'm a fader, but no one talks to me anyway. I'm not sure why they aren't talking to me, and sometimes wonder if they made an announcement without telling me. But i don't want to ask any of them, because just the question would draw attention. LOL ISN'T "THE TRUTH" great?

Can someone tell me how to change my avitar and create a profile? I've been playing here for days, and don't see any options to update anything.

Thanks--insert real name here. LOL

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Obviously, I'm a fader, but no one talks to me anyway. I'm not sure why they aren't talking to me, and sometimes wonder if they made an announcement without telling me. But i don't want to ask any of them, because just the question would draw attention.

LOL, I often wonder the same thing about my old cong. But it's been several years now, so I reckon my abscence has pretty much given them the message.

• poppers
    poppers

Can someone tell me how to change my avitar and create a profile? I've been playing here for days, and don't see any options to update anything.

That won't be possible until Simon updates the site, which is in the works and could come any time.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    LOL, I often wonder the same thing about my old cong. But it's been several years now, so I reckon my abscence has pretty much given them the
    Yeah, I haven't been to the hall in quite some time---probably 2 years. BUT, I've been dealing with very serious illness, so I "kind of " had an excuse. The contact didn't just dwindle away. It stopped very suddenly. I remember the last time I talked to most people, and they all stopped at once. Weird. But I've been okay. I've been making friends that I get to keep and will never have to shun. I went back to school. I still have health problems, but I've learned I can handle them without the support of the congregation. I don't feel lonely or depressed. For that matter I feel GREAT. I'm just puzzled. It's more curiosity than anything else. I mean, all those friends that were sticking closer than a brother just went *poof*.

I still find it strange that if they knew, they would consider me one of the most evil kind of people on the earth. Satan's tool. Of course, I no longer believe in satan or god, but it blows me away that they would have such a strong opinion of little old me. LOL

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Is gravatar.com not working to change the avatars anymore?

• Crank!!!
    Crank!!!

Hi Newchapter,

I have been thinking abou that also, I rencently completed my fade also, part of my plan was to bounce around from hall to hall for a year or 2 and they eventually just lost track of me. but starting a few weeks ago all of my old JW friends started deleting me from there facebook page. In my area facebook was a huge issue with the "brothers" a few years ago and they took "privileges" away from any brother who had one. But over the last couple years everyone started getting a facebook page again, I was thinking that maybe they started taking a hard stance on that again.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see technical improvements on this site--and that is one of them. People do not like the gravatars, and would like to be able to upload (and update) their own avatar. Another technical issue is knowing when you have a PM without having to actually go to that page, to delete PM's that are no longer pertinent, or to access a message on the first try.

However, changing one's username is something only the administrators are able to do--this is common on many forums. If you can change your own username without the administration's assistance on another forum, that is a privilege that doesn't come as standard equipment. That is to prevent users from continually changing their usernames to confuse other members. For this reason, I advise using caution to select a username you can live with for the duration of your account.

• noni1974
    noni1974

NewChapter don't worry about being outted here. I won't tell anyone. LOL

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    NewChapter don't worry about being outted here. I won't tell anyone. LOL

LOL Noni---who would believe an apostate like you anyway?? The more I think about things, the more I wonder if an announcement could have been made without my knowledge. I was reading oompa's story, and they made his announcement without warning him. The whole FB fiasco has me questioning it. All those friends just disappearing. I checked on some of them, and they are still active on FB and still have lots of friends that are JW, so they definitely cut me on purpose. Part of me says I really shouldn't care, and on one level, I don't. Another part of me is almost consumed with just wanting to know. If I knew, then I would draw some conclusions that would make my life quite a bit easier. Like, it would confirm what I'm suspecting anyway about how things are sometimes done. It seems they are getting more aggressive in going after inactive people. I could be wrong. But I was inactive once, and they left me alone. Also, this is a bit off-topic, is there any concrete evidence that the GB is demanding more loyalty? I know there is a general feeling, and I feel it too, but is there any proof? I'm just wondering. Like has the subject been brought up more today in literature than 10 years ago. ETC. One more off-topic question. I see the term GB 2.0, and I've gleaned a lot about what that means, but I think I'm missing something. What do you mean when you say GB 2.0? As I said, I have some pretty good guesses, but I just want to hear some takes on it.

• Violia
    Violia

I feel the same way after I have shared something personal on the board. I call it writers regret. I think a lot of us feel that way when we leave ourself open to comments from others. I would suggest that if you are a fader to be very careful about info that could truly identify you. Don't make it easy on someone b/c there have been a few outings on this board. I recall one from years ago . So it could happen, don't be careless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit