questions you could never get answers to

by deservingone26 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

i remember when i was going to the meetings there were questions that i had which i could never get good answers too. just one of them i had was how to explain how you knew if you were one of the one hundred and forty four thousand. i remember trying to explain this to one of my work friends and the reasoning of you just know, like you know if u are a boy or girl sounded stupid to him. also the reason of why we didnt celebrate birthdays. was it really cuse of john the baptize being killed that we dont celebrate i had other questions to but i wanted to know all your questions that you could not answer to others or to yourselves. and sorry im doing this from my mobile phone so for some reason i cant capitilize or use numbers e

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I understand your questions too. I watched my sister squirm last year when her nurse asked why she didn't celebrate birthdays. As a child I never knoe these answers either. As an adult, I still don't know why JW's do and don't do certain things.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'd like to hear them answer why they're not charitable, since they claim to be the only true religion, why don't they have food and clothes drives for the needy like the "worldly religions" do. You can't feed the hungry with a Watchtower or Awake !

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I once asked a few people why the one scripture talked about "nails" in Jesus' hands and not "nail". I was sincere in this question. I wanted to know how I could defend against this assault on the torture stake over the cross. I never got an answer from ANYBODY!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

When I left the organization (about 8 years now), Two elders came to talk and I ask them to show me how they got 607

using the Bible. Neither one offered, they changed the subject, as the walked out the door I said "You never showed me how you

got 607 using the bible." One of them said "We will get back with you later." Haven't heard from them since.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember asking an elder how big Jehovah is compared to the universe. He has a body, so what size is he? The elder was offended and told me my question was very disrespectful to Jehovah. I never got an answer.

• JRK
    JRK

One question I had was about having a party, and being blamed if attendees got in trouble afterwards. That is the reason the Society gave for not having big gatherings.

I asked an elder, "What is the biggest party JW's have each year? It is the District Convention. I know of individuals that got in trouble after the sessions. Does this mean that the Chairman, or the Watchtower Society share blame for the misconduct?"

No answer.

JK

• Awen
    Awen

if you were one of the one hundred and forty four thousand.

For myself it was having an understanding of the scriptures that was very different than what was printed in the magazines. Also when certain topics would come up, a Bible passage contradicting it would pop into my mind. I have never read the Bible all the way through and yet passages that I may have read once would come to mind and show the proper application of the point being presented. Also I started to be aware of what was in people's hearts. That is to say I could anticipate what their answer would be before they spoke it or even discern things about the person that were secret. I tested this many times just to be sure and it was always true, so long as I went with what my feeling was, rather than try to add my own thoughts to it or interpret it. I also realized that my service to God had to be the best that I had at al times, no slacking allowed.

The biggest thing however was how what I thought was in complete agreement with what others thought (who claimed the heavenly calling) even though I had never met them, or I had certain ideas, then ran across their websites which showed the same thoughts expressed in almost the same exact words. There was a unity in thought and opinion even though we had never met or corresponded. Yet the GB has no unity like this and they are in constant contact with one another.

I think the reason there was never any clear cut answer given on this matter is because the GB didn't want the competition. As the nubers of anointed decreased it consolidated their powerbase.

Just my opnion.

Awen

• Awen
    Awen

Looking over everyone's questions, I think it's plainly obvious what the answers were. The Governing Body knows they are in the wrong over doctrinal issues, they are simply too proud to admit it and make corrections. Elders have the same problem. If the Bible contradicts the Watchtower magazine, then put faith in the Bible and ignore the magazine articles. But by doing that, one has to realize the GB don't have all the answers and if they're wrong about that, what else are they wrong about?

It causes a person to question their fatih and all the service they've put in over the years to a group of uninspired men. Many can't handle the thought of that ans so ignore it and ignore others.

The Pharisees of Jesus' day knew that he was right in his teachings, but rather than admit their errors and repent, they sought ways to kill him instead, so as to silence his dissenting voice.

The GB and elders seek the same thing. They do not like their hypocrisy exposed publicy and so they seek to spiritually "kill" their opponents, by disfellowshipping them, effectively cutting them off from ones who might listen to their words.

Peace,

• wobble
    wobble

I gave all the Elders a list of questions about the fulfillment of various things from Daniel like the 1335 days 2300 days etc. and asked how on earth I was supposed to believe the WT's explanation of these, which is preposterous of course.

Not one gave me a satisfactory answer, all said they weren't too happy with it themselves, but to "wait on jehovah"

I did, and wasted another decade or so of my life, if only the internet had been around then I would have woken up then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit