NWT: "Most accurate translation" -Who says?

by Leto 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The New World Translation

What the Scholars Really Said

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20and%20NWT.htm

N.

• dgp
    dgp

I have a question regarding the Greek part of the Bible. If the texts we have say "Kyrios", how dare they write "YHWH"? They don't even have to translate anything! It's in Greek! On the other hand, "YHWH" would be in Hebrew! Is it at all correct to "translate" a text from Greek into Greek and add Hebrew words to the final version? In my humble opinion, all they can do is copy the text, purely and simply.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was a witless, they told me that the Not Well Translated version corrected the errors. The King James version was said to have some 20,000 errors.

Now, I don't expect perfection. The King James version was the first major attempt to mainstream the Bible, and as such they did a good job at it. Even if there were errors in translation, they were not done on purpose to make the Bible fit their doctrine. They were either typos, other transcription errors (the monks made these), or simply translation errors. Other errors could have found their way into the originals--like being able to remember exactly what Jesus said 40-60 years after the fact. None of these errors were made on purpose, and therefore should not be grounds for "having all the plagues added to them".

However, the Not Well Translated version made errors ON PURPOSE. They did that so they could control the flock, making the Bible fit their own doctrine. More reprehensible, they claim that the King James version had the errors, not the Not Well Translated. To me, that is when "all the plagues" should be added to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit