counting time (2)

by varian 17 Replies latest jw friends

• varian
    varian

thank you all for your kind answers.

i always said, that the most effective way to preach is leaving the watch at home.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

All so Jehovah can keep updating the big spreadsheet he keeps up there in heaven

• Ex-Dub MS
    Ex-Dub MS

A minivan full of seven publishers does return visits for three hours. Cuz it's snowing. Or raining. Or hot. Or...something.

Two people leave at a time to knock on the doors of people who consistently avoid them, then get back in the car and drive 15 minutes between each house.

They stop somewhere to eat and dawdle for 45 minutes.

How much 'field service' time gets counted total?

(I'd say this was a hypothetical question....but I'd be lying)

- XD MS

• cult classic
    cult classic

My father taught us from day one to turn in at least 1 hr no matter what. He said once you start publishing time you must always turn in a report or be considered inactive/irregular.

You would think we would have caught a clue.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the elder who conducted the BS in our home told me he wanted to pioneer and that he could get his time
    in this way: do the day text with his wife, wake his 4 YO son (an only child back then, now there are 5 of them!)
    and do a bible study out of the book of bible stories at 7:30 in the morning, so his time was still amassing as he ate
    breakfast and drove to the KH to conduct the service mtg! then of course he paracticed all the schemes mentioned
    ITT, including the "star of david" route for RVs....

fake time is fake time... and i was never smart enough to fake it!!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

According to FS rules as stated in the Kingdumb's Ministry 2009-2010, the visit can and will be counted only by the person who initiated it (in case 2 KW study with a person). They both report the same time, but only one of them can report the visit and the study. Usually, the JW who initiated the study is the same as the person who leads it. Exceptions are the cases where a pair of male JWs encounter a woman in FS. In this case, they can initiate a study at the door and one of them can come back accompanied by a sister. At the next encounter, the sister will lead the study with her head covered (if the man decides he does not want to get involved much; this happened for example when I was a shy, unbaptized publisher) or with her head uncovered if the man will "symbolically" lead the study (say the prayer and pose the questions from the bottom of the pages). In this case, the male JW (who was in the pair that initiated the study) can report the return visit and the female JW that leads the study will report 1 study. If next time she goes accompanied by some other JW (male or female, regardless), she will report both the study and the return visit. Of course, a study counts as 1 on the monthly report, while return visits can be counted as they are done.If a study is held on a weekly basis, 4 return visits are counted. The return visit in counted even if the study was not held (the person was sick, was unavailable, etc.) as long as the JW pair met with the person or with a close relative who lives at that adress. The JWs consider that their mere presence at the door at the convened time is preaching-work.

According to other rules, it is recommended for brother Y to go into FS with sister X no more than once a month. Only married and engaged couples are allowed to go into FS together as much as they want. Courting couples can go together more than once a month, but not quite every day.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

DagothUr thanks for enlightening me on the many rules of 'service'. Especially I was surprised to read about the rule that a brother and sister can't go out more than once a month. I had no idea there was a rule about that, if so where is that written?

I ask because some months ago a brother kept on asking me to go out in service with me, and after going out like 3 times in a month he said he wanted to get to know me better. But I would have never guessed that multiple invitations to service counted as signs of interest.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

It was a recomendation from the KM, one of the 2007 or 2008 editions. In JW language, when the F&D slave "recomends" or "advises" something, it means "demands". Asking a sister to join you in FS more than once a month, in more than one month (sometimes it happens by mistake) without courting her may put you in the dark room "at the discretion of just one elder". It's not in the Sheperd the Flock book, but many such regulations are not there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit