The Governing Body wants JWs to really, really understand this one point

by cattails 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

No, no, no!

If these idiots would bother to read the whole of the Gospels accounts, they would notice that Jesus was asking a rhetorical question equivalent to "will you personally be faithful?", not "will you guys be faithful as a group".

Luke 12:45 disproves this whole "collective" crap explanation when Jesus says 'but if THAT SLAVE [turns evil].......", showing that he is speaking about individuals, who could go good or bad, who could change to bad.

So, yes, you could have slaves here and there, scattered, according to what it says.

metatron

• sir82
    sir82

I continue to find it a source of wonderment that out of a 1500 page book containing millions of words, the WTS has constructed an elaborate air castle based exclusively on about 30 of those words.

All their (self-appointed) authority, power, control, prestige ignores 99.9999% of the book and is based on 3 verses in Matthew, in which, as Metatron points out, Jesus was clearly speaking of something else entirely.

• wobble
    wobble

Dead right Meta and Sir82,

it is simply a parable to alert his followers that they ,as individuals , need to be of a certain calibre. It has no application to any "classes" or groups of people, it is not a prophecy, it is as you rightly say, a rhetorical question, maybe asked with a little wistful sadness in His voice, as he feared his advice may not be followed.

As Chris says above, blow this stupid doctrine of a FDS out of the water, which is easy, it is based on nothing, and the whole JW house of cards comes a-tumbling down.

• Awen
    Awen

Peace.

***es11 p. 18, Thursday, February 3***

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?-Matt. 24:45.

After raising this question, Jesus then went on to say that this slave would be rewarded for his faithfulness by being appointed over all of the Master's belongings. (Matt. 24:46, 47) Jesus, the "master" in the illustration, did not say that there would be a multitude of slaves scattered throughout the various sects of Christendom. Instead, he clearly stated that there would be only one "steward," or "slave," whom he would appoint over all his belongings. So as The Watchtower has often explained, the steward must represent the "little flock" of anointed disciples as a collective body, or group. In the context of Luke's Gospel, Jesus had just referred to these ones. (Luke 12:32, 42) The "body of attendants," or "domestics," refers to this same group but highlights their role as individuals. w09 6/15 4:1, 3

The Governing Body is misapplying this scripture. It has nothing to do with giving authority to a steward before Armageddon, but afterwards. They are trying to prop up their authority by assigning a time frame from 1914 onwards in which this scripture applies, rather than reading it as it's written. The scripture clearly shows that when Yeshua returns and takes the anointed deemed worthy to Heaven, then Yeshua will appoint them over his domestics.

They're trying to give this scripture an earthly application when it is in fact a Heavenly one received only after the deaths of the worthy anointed (deemed worthy by Yeshua, not other people or themselves).

A very gross misrepresentation.

Peace,

Awen

• blondie
    blondie

Matthew 24:45(-47) is the most quoted scripture in current jw publications. Sometimes it is the only scripture used to support their statements, "we are god's representatives thus you have to do what we say and we are god's representatives because we say we are" repeat

• pirata
    pirata
    Instead, he clearly stated that there would be only one "steward," or "slave," whom he would appoint over all his belongings.

Only one slave?

(Matthew

25:19-23)19 “After a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20 So the one that had received five talents came forward and brought five additional talents, saying, ‘Master, you committed five talents to me; see, I gained five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 Next the one that had received the two talents came forward and said, ‘Master, you committed to me two talents; see, I gained two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    WT publications can be so boldly, and brazenly, affirmed?

Nice use of the word "brazen"!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Like the rest of the Bible, this illustration or parable is a metaphor, applying to oneself. YOU are the faithful and discreet slave that the Master appoints over all his belongings. As already mentioned, the context shows this.

Even if this DID apply to a group today, the Watchtower hardly qualifies. This website is filled with the reasons why. The only things they are faithful to are money, power and Jehovah, who is really Satan, sitting on the Judgment Seat.

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS' one point message is this: "God commands you to obey the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses without hesitation or criticism."

Corollary: "When the GB says, 'Jump!' the only legitimate question you can ask is, "How high?'"

The GB can change key doctrines, and you must meekly accept this as "new light". For example:

-- Michael is the Pope (The Finished Mystery)... No, Michael is Jesus

-- Jesus is to be worshipped... No, Jesus is not to be worshipped

-- Give "relative worship" to Jesus... No, "relative worship" is idolatry

-- Organ transplants are cannibalism... No, organ transplants are acceptable medical treatment, not cannibalism

-- The Great Pyramid is God's stone witness, the Bible in stone... No, the Great Pyramid comes from Satan

-- Jesus returned invisibly in 1874... No, Jesus returned invisibly in 1914

-- World War I was the beginning of Armageddon... No, 100 years later, Armageddon is still just around the corner

Yesterday's "truth" is today's heresy.

Today's "truth" may be tomorrow's heresy.

No matter.

The one constant is that the GB speaks for Jehovah and must be obeyed without hesitation or criticism.

Follow that rule at all times and you're "in the truth" no matter how much or how fast the "truth" changes.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

They forget to mention the same text in Luke 12:

41 Then Peter said: “Lord, are you saying this illustration to us or also to all?” 42 And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43 Happy is that slave, if his master on arriving finds him doing so! 44 I tell YOU truthfully, He will appoint him over all his belongings. 45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and should start to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,

It isn't a profecy, but an illustration!! And the illustration is for all of us. Are you ready and busy when the master returns? It is just a warning for us all.

But that is what they do ALL the time... All the numbers in the Revelation-book are 'symbolic' except the 144.000. Why??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit