Memorial attendance up or down on last year?

by freddo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

As per the title. And was the one you attended at an early or late time of the evening.

Any partakers?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Everyone said they were shocked at how low attendance was this year, though it may have been due to the 9:00 time slot that we got. Even so, it was easily the smallest group (by probably 20-30 people, down roughly 10-15% from the previous low) I've ever seen at a memorial in this congregation. Previous years in the 9:00 slot have never been so poorly attended.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I reckon that since the Memorial fell on the same day as the start of the Easter holiday, then non-Witness attendances will have been reduced this year.

As well as the 2014 centenary year being an anti-climax for some wishful-thinkers!

18.6m??

• millie210
    millie210

The English was not full, there were empty seats here and there.

The Spanish was packed out and overflowing.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Attendance was down about 8% from last year.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    it was down for us around 20, there is going to be a slight drop, mostly couse it was friday night
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Friday and 100 hundred years and waiting, people must be getting tired of it already. I realized a few weeks ago that most of the new ones that show up every year are just relatives and faders and DF'd ones going to make someone else happy that their there. The general public don't go..
  • Garrett
    Garrett
    Attendance is going down... I wasn't there 😎
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Late time slot. Attendance was down significantly. No partakers.
  • pronomono
    pronomono

Attendance was up for us. We had quite a few people standing around the walls. People were still showing up 45 minutes in, right before the closing prayer. We played musical chairs every time someone new came in that the attendants deemed more worthy for a seat (older ones and people with young kids).

I was kind of shocked at all the new people. I wanted to scream "Run! And never look back!" But that's a sure-fire way to out myself. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit