How many members left the Watchtower because of all the Hatred and Anti-christian behavior? Were you exposed to betrayal, lies and slander against your family?

by PokerPlayerPhil 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    No disrespect to the deceased, but did anyone else notice the bird crap on the tombstone?
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

My experience both personal and from talking to many others . Is that

the abuse we suffered eventually caused us to be able to finally do the

research on the Net that freed us.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Tried and convicted, without being told, I was in a JC meeting, dfed for over a year. Years later I was informed of what I was accused of. When I said no I wasn't told, they then said they both informed me, and that I confessed! All lies, if they had informed me, one quick phone call would have cleared up everything! It still took months to get everything sort of fixed. With the understanding, that I could not say a word about it to anyone!

Talk about eye opening!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The "friends" we had for over 25 years were ready to believe every lie our ex-son in law and his wife told them about us. They seemed so happy to see our pain and grief when he would not let us see our granddaughter. At one point two elders called me into a meeting and told me that I needed to stay in my role. Whatever that means.

And two other elders came to my house when a sister repeated what I had said about the whole situation, to tell me that I was being attacked by Satan. They were cold, detached and rude. They did not want to listen to me explain what all had happened to us and our granddaughter.

At the meeting which was my last, I saw an elder standing across the room and waved at him, like saying Hey look, I'm here. He looked at me and shook his head and then looked away. So hateful.

Several years later, I've discovered things like listening to Pandora, and how it feels to work on my own interests as much as I want, and how much I don't need hypocrites and liars wasting my life and time. My husband and I sent a note to the KH addressed to Whom it May Concern, disassociating ourselves from the bullshit WT cult. That has effectively stopped them coming around here with their memorial invitations, etc.

Best wishes to you as you deprogram. I got a lot of help here on this forum.

Marina

• millie210
    millie210
    DwainBowmanan hour agoTried and convicted, without being told, I was in a JC meeting, dfed for over a year. Years later I was informed of what I was accused of. When I said no I wasn't told, they then said they both informed me, and that I confessed! All lies, if they had informed me, one quick phone call would have cleared up everything! It still took months to get everything sort of fixed. With the understanding, that I could not say a word about it to anyone!

What specifically did they want you to not say a word about Dwain? Your case sounds a lot like my family members. A judicial committee and all that entails and lo and behold it wasnt even a judicial matter

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I am very sorry, iown, and everyone here that was deeply, personally burned by individual, or groups, of witnesses. While those things never happened to me, and my only complaints (tho they are strong!) are against the highest leaders and doctrine and policy and culture of the religion, I fully understand that I was simply lucky in knowing mostly wonderful people all of my life. I did see these personal attacks happen in many other congregations and to my friends, but they did not happen to me in my congregations.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm having a hard time coming up with an example of anti-xian behavior by jws. The bible is one of the most hateful, petty, violent books I've ever read, and I'm not just talking about the OT.

Are they wrong about their claims that they're loving? Absolutely.

The root of the problem is their holy book.

• steve2
    steve2

well said rebel8. The blueprint for cultic, misogynistic, patriarchal behavior is the so-called "Holy" Bible. Paul's letters are stuffed full of cultic attitudes, opinions and biases, masquerading as "Divine" instruction. Sadly, JWs and their fundamentalist ilk are not exaggerating when they say they are "simply" following Scripture. You have to be very, very selective of Scripture to adopt a Christian religion that exemplifies love, tolerance and understanding. Where Christianity goes, judgement is never far behind.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@Faye, thank you.

I really know what you mean - for many years while we were doing just fine and dandy in the congregation i saw quite a few painful situations that other people endured. But I would just shut my ears so I wouldn't be affected, and went along with the Blame The Victim crap that the elders always have handy.

It wasn't until something like a piano fell on MY head that I quit shutting out the cog dis. I quit saying, This is Jehovah's organization no matter what, because What finally hit the fan and got my attention.

People will act so nice sometimes, and other times they show their butts. Like this one elder in a north Georgia small town congregation, beat the hell out of more than one wife. They left him one after the other, and were both disf. While he remained in good standing and the sisters in the hall would fall all over themselves cleaning his house and kissing his behind. They didn't believe he really did those terrible things. Many years later we heard he was asked to step down.

What did we do, we changed congregations! Yeah that was a great way to continue ignoring things we didn't want to know about, so that we could keep playing mickey mouse club with the "good" people. Finally I began to reason that if there's something sick in one pod then the whole tree is rotten. A little gangrene infects the entire body.

Marina

• flipper
    flipper
    PHIL- I left the JW organization because of being unjustly treated by elders and receiving very unfair treatment. I met with several elders who were dishonestly accusing me of something that was untrue in the back room before a meeting - and I was so mad at them I wanted to crawl across the table and strangle the $hit out of the youngest elder who was a smart-a$$. Before the meeting I went straight to my seat and picked up my books- walked out the kingdom hall door and never went back again. That was in 2003 - best decision I ever made

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit