Well, I'm DA'd Now! :)

by rem 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I would prefer DA'ing over DF'ing.

I just wondered why? it seems better to me to be able to protest that one has been kicked out for no good reason, than to be perceived as having turned your back on "The Truth"

I am neither at the moment, just inactive and attending sometimes with family.

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Welcome to the DA'd club! I've been a member for going on 4 years now, and life is so sweet right now...

Welcome to the REAL WORLD.

• somebody
    somebody
    By the end of the meeting it was clear that I was going to be DF'd.

So much for the JW's and their leader's claims that anyone who wishes to is just free to leave.

Sounds like you did a great job in handling being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Congatualations on your freedom!

I'd like to hear the mp3 file. so please send it to me. and....did you ever save that letter you had written to your dad? I hope you did. For yourself.

peace to you,
    somebody

• Beans
    Beans

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,CONGRATULATIONS,WELCOME TO THE BRIGHT SIDE!
    This is so great I had chills reading your post!
    I would love to hear your recording!

Take it easy REM
    Beans
    PS: I think I`m happier than you,is that possible?

• Stacey
    Stacey

Hi REM,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm glad you did what you needed to do. I hope you're doing well!

Stacey

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

REM, the Bible spoke of people like you.

2 Peter 3:3,5-7 For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires... For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

Matthew 24:11,12 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

What makes your situation worse is that you know the truth and yet you consciously reject it. I hope for your sake and those who love and care about you that are faithfully serving Jehovah that you turn from your wicked and apostate course and once again find spiritual refreshment among God's people.

• voltaire
    voltaire

good luck. I'm sure that took a lot of courage.

• mommy
    mommy

Rem,
    My first reaction was "What meeting?" How did they get you in a JC anyway? I know that I would never set foot in the backroom again, but that is just me. But after reading your entire post, you seem okay with all of this, so I am okay with it too that being said, lol How do you think things will be with your wife and her family? I sure hope that she is able to handle this and they don't come after her now.

I loved what you said:

To me I think it's amazing how they just write people off and destroy families because a person cannot accept certain things on faith, but requires evidence and reason.
    Right on! I agree completly. There were a few witnesses that came by here last week, and when I explained that I was an atheist they showed me about 5 scriptures of why I should not be. I told the woman, "Do you see that you are showing me out of a book that I do not believe in, that I should believe in that book?" It just does not make sense to me.

Oh well, BIG apostate hugs(no gold watches)

BTW one more thing. Does this have anything to do with a certain person coming on this forum and violating you, by exposing your real name for all to see? I sure hope not, because that would really be low.
    love,
    wendy

• ISP
    ISP

Hey, hope everything is OK! You can put it behind you know.

ISP

• rem
    rem

Wendy,

My own stupidity got me into this mess. I posted a bit about it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19395&site=3&page=1

No, this had nothing to do with that other situation. I did myself in! :) But it's OK. No worries. I think my wife and I will be just fine through this. So far so good. Of course they haven't announced it yet... :)

Thanks for your thoughts!

rem

p.s. No gold watch? Not even a secret decoder ring? Nothing? lol

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit