Ostracism: anyone with legal background on this forum who could help?

by Nick! 41 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

Roberto said:

What, I believe, we do not argue about is the following:
    - the right of any religious movement to establish admittance and exit policies
    - the right of any individual to completely exclude someone from his social relationships
    N.B. The above has nothing to do with Human Rights infringement
    What, I believe, we do condemn is the following:
    - teaching hate, shunning and discrimination of a given group of persons, in particular, in this case, those who decide to use of their Human Right to change religion, or simply to abandon their current religious movement or church
    - punishing members of their religious community for not abiding by their teachings of shunning and discriminating those who made their decision to quit because of their right to a different opinion than the one taught by the religious community leadership
    N.B. The above is a violation of the Declaration of Human Right, articles 18 and 19

I think this is absolutely right.

• Nick!
    Nick!

Yes, this argument is taking a good shape, as longlife humanist has indicated.

I would like to expand further specially individually with each one of you who have showed not only interest but a pretty good insight into the subject and also with very good and creative ideas on how to go forward with all this.

Be aware that I am having the same type of discussion on a French and on the largest Italian ex-JW Forums and also there I am receiving a good reaction and responses. Same with the Belgian court case actors.

It would be nice if we could continue on all this, but … we are leaving Sunday for Malaga in Spain for a weeklong vacation (I should stay a week ... short), but will be back on the subject on my return, if not on the 14 th , due to the backlogs, shortly after I hope.

If, in the meantime you see other areas’ of the subject we could expand or work on, please be free to post it here and discuss it between you, and I will catch up on my return.

Ciao!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit