Feb 1,2011 wt What makes a marriage last

by bobld 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Why the breakdown .My mate and I are growing apart.

Before you follow the advice of this publication.Read the following.

Robert and Mary have been married for 30 years.They have a lovely daughter Jennifer and a son Ryan.Robert,says we were a very happy family doing things together.Like reading the bible,praying, going to church,weddings, funerals,christmas parties,get together with friends,vacations etc,etc.However,all that changed when Mary joined the watchtower cult.Now my wife declines all the above activities.All she does is read the WT/A mags.We now fight everday and are not happy.

Just imagine Mary said she will not go Jennifers wedding because she was told by the publishers of the wt that our church is babylon the great,a whore and evil. See WT 07/10/15 p27 and WT 05/02 QFR.

I believe their advice is hypocritical and would in fact cause this family to grow apart.They would end up in divorce court.The wife is brain-washed.After the divorce she would disown the family and will the estate and money to the wbts.

B

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

WT 07/10/15?????

• Joliette
    Joliette

Maybe a 1915 Watchtower?

Or maybe this is a future Watchtower from 2015?

LOL.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Joilette, they had the Watchtower magazines since 1931, not before.

• bobld
    bobld

Sorry Oct 2007 wt and may 2002 wt.

B

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Whatever makes a marriage last, you won't find it in any WTS publication.

What would seven old fossils in Brooklyn know about human relationships - or anything else to do with human relationships, for that matter?

The best techniques of selling literature have sweet Fanny Adams to do with anything else, including marriage guidance!

Bill.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL

• acolytes
    acolytes

Actually the watchtower does help many marriages last.

A guy stops drinking and clubbing and becomes a witness,( saves the marriage) so the partner becomes a witness. (Seen it happen)

Guy is married to a zelouse witness. He would have a breakdown if his marriage broke-up. So he makes the W.T his life. They are very happy.(Seen it happen)

If the Watchtower could get away with it, iam sure that the above marriages would only remain valid, if a second marrige was held at the K.H, to obtain Jehovers blessing thus making the marriage legal in Jehovers eyes.

Acolytes

• sinis
    sinis

JDubs destroy marriages for SANE and normal people. We were married into the JW's and life was ok (not really), sort of hypocritical if you ask me. The REAL problems came when I faded. Wife was still holding on, as were some in here family. I got all of her family out, most of my family, and worked on my wife to see the rtuth about the truth. You want to know something? Life is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 % BETTER now, than it EVER has been. We live life like humans, not religious robots. No guilt, no pleasing some non-existant invisible deity, etc. She even comments now that she is glad we broke free!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You can find plenty of advice in the Washtowel publications. However, this is advice that does not work. The books on family life are more about destroying the family and assimilating it into the energy-wasting, paper-wasting, time-wasting pxxx-off-the-community by promoting imminent doom unless they join your preaching work message. The book "Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work" encourages young people into poverty and stagnation (at that, in the middle of a depression that is about to get a hell of a lot worse), and trains them to reject anything they might be attracted to. What kind of a life is that?

Do these publications give advice to invest one's money? Or, perhaps they would rather people throw it away. Do these publications give advice on how to retire satisfied in other ways? Or, they would rather people waste it pio-sneering. What about settling arguments? Training people to dig in and not listen to the other side is only going to make them worse--threatening that Satan is controlling anything outside their narrow viewpoint is not going to make people look at all the facts. And, they are not given advice on being healthy (whether from mainstream or alternative viewpoints--both are superior to "Trust in Jehovah and do more").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit