JWs in Hawaii

by Decided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

I was using Google Earth and clicked on the church symbols and there were Kingdom Halls all over the Islands there. Are there a lot of JWs there???

Ken P.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

What do you mean by "a lot"?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Hawaii is treated by the Society as a separate "land" from the USA (it's still 1940s I guess), with its own branch and everything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Ken..

The last time I was there..

There were plenty of JW`s..We went on a nice Picnic..It was in the low 70`s F..

They all wore Ski Jackets..LOL!!..That`s pretty funny to a Canadian..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I wonder if the jw's in bermuda wear suit jacket tops and flashy bermuda shorts with socks and dress shoes?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think the bros. in Bermuda wear sarongs. Really, I saw a picture.

I also heard that the JW's in Hawaii can be sick of tourists, even if said tourists are fellow JW's.

Heard they can be rude to them and all snooty. That was just one family's experience there, though.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I don't know any statistics, but we have a close friend who is a native Hawaiian, and he has commented that there are "a lot." That is his perception, FWIW.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The 2011 Yearbook says there are 8786 peak publishers for 2010 service year. 8531 average publishers. 396 baptised and 97 congregations.

The November OKM page 8 says as of Sept 1 2010 the Hawaii came under the oversight of the US Branch

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

I remember of one of the largest Watchtower's estate property in Hawaii.....$$$$$$

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/1997/06/09/focus4.html..well, it was in 1997, but such a large need of high technology....

Regards, Claudia

• White Dove
    White Dove

Is that like 4 people in one congregation or 4 publishers in one congregation and the rest are huge families and friends?

Seems like not very many in each cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit