Preacher

Pastor

Minister

Man of God

If not why not?

• moshe
    moshe

Editor, not a minister= the truth.

I have a feeling that their is no public record in the WT that he knocked on any strangers door to offer them the chance to buy a WT publication.

Renal failure causes some mental confusion and agitation, then you rapidly go into a coma and die. I see he had surgery about 3 months before he died. He likely spend those last 3 months wearing a dirty diaper.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Looks like he never got to welcome any ancient worthies to their new home at 4440 Braburn st. Sandiego instead I suppose you could say bad karma bit him in the ass.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the $75,000 mansion of James [actually, Joseph] Rutherford awaiting him.

It should be noted that it wasn't just the house with just a small Lot that was the price, it was also the acres of land surrounding the house as well.

Nevertrheless quite a sum of money and I don't see or know of any evidence of a mortgage on that purchase.

Its been talked about that some or maybe all the land and house was donated to Rutherford (WTS.) by some other rich individual.

Not to also mention that the WTS. bought a good portion of land at the other site in San Diego.

What I find so amusing and bit astonsinhing is that Rutherford was able to hide himself and his assistant mistress from the eyes and knowing

of many of the JW members at that time. Particularly so when the US was going through a great Depression.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hummm....something perverse to die that way after all those years of his pulling WTBTS "#!##!#" from it.....

• david_10
    david_10

I've always thought that a movie about Rutherford would be fascinating. It would have everything! Sex, booze, Jesus, the wily con man, the gullible followers..............it would be fascinating. The main plot would revolve around the building of Beth Sarim and how to to keep the Bible Students in the dark about it's true purpose. How..........I mean HOW??????..................do you go about raising the enormous amounts of money in the bleakest economic time in American history; how do you get the mansion built and then take your mistress and go live in luxury while convincing each of your followers (who for the most part live in squalor) to spend 60 hours a month selling the books & mags to pay for it? Because King David and John the Baptist are coming back any day and they need a place to live? Are you serious? How is it even possible to do this?

But the Judge did it.

A fascinating movie, maybe even a blockbuster...............does anyone have an extra 10 or 15 million so that we can commission a script and start casting?

David

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

The complaints about our dear brother Rutherford are not fair, there are more Jehovah's Witnesses with drinking problems Today, than there were in this Apostle time (Now ruling in Heaven as the lead 144,000 for all his hard work and sacrifice) and most of them don't preach a tenth as much as brother Rutherford the Special Pioneer-Traveling Missionary of God.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

J Rutherford was a corrupt fraudulent Religious charlatan who took over the WTS., who liked woman who wasn't his own wife

and booze even when it was illegal under Prohibition and probably didn't preach door to door, he lured and coerced the stupid and naive people

to do that. There's still stupid and naive working for the WTS Corporation to this day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit