I feel like I found me again

by gubberningbody 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm sure others have had the same experience, but it's a bit odd to me now as I see how all the business of JW-land and the constant social proddings can keep a person from leaving for quite some time.

If it hadn't been for the inquisition I might not have left.

I'm glad they felt my wife and I were important enough to hound, because that helped immensely.

Now for the past two years now I've finally gotten back to being the book-consuming, thinking-machine I was in the past.

I feel like I woke up, came home and found myself sitting in a chair reading some odd sort of esoterica and the me that was there said:

"We wondered when you'd finally get here. We've got lots to do and think about."

• tec
    tec

Sounds wonderful, Gubborning :)

I understand the feeling of coming home to the person you forgot you were for a while.

Tammy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I know the feeling. Glad you've reached that stage.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GUBBERNINGBODY: You said it so well and true. Yes, I do feel like I found me again. It was as though I was away in a place I really didn't want to be. Almost like a prison or being in exile. It makes me angry to think that this happened but I won't let it happen again. I am glad to be back as the person I was except stripped of the cult mentality. I am older and wiser.

• designs
    designs

The rise of the Thinking Class

Well done...

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I'm happy for you. I'm not sure what the "me" is since I was raised a JW.

NLW's wife

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    I feel like I woke up, came home and found myself sitting in a chair reading some odd sort of esoterica and the me that was there said:

"We wondered when you'd finally get here. We've got lots to do and think about."

Great imagery. I love it! Well said.

• Roski
    Roski

nolongerwaiting - that is a very valid point, but I think we each have a core personality and if we can quieten the "noise" and try to tune into that which is essentially 'us' we may get there. A long process but worth trying. I try to look at it as a journey of discovery (except on not-so-good days when I blame them for lots of things).

• JRK
    JRK

Cool.

JK

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I am feeling the same (although I'm nowhere as far in the process as you, being still active and all). When I'm around my coworkers I can now behave like the atheist I secretly am and it feels like sitting in your favorite comfy chair with an ice cold beer after a long hard day of work. I know this is who I'm supposed to be and it feels like it's the best place you can be and it feels great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit