If you could live in, and through, one time period in human history...

by sabastious 10 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

...what would it be and why?

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

Being that there was a time in history when women and minorities

did not have as much access to education or even furthering their

education, I would say this is the greatest time period for me.

the possibilities are endless, as long as you don't become a

Jehovah's Witness

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This thread has potential. I'm getting ready to clock out, and I'm glad I didn't drive today. This is something worth pondering over during a bus ride. I'm looking forward to the comments in this thread.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It would be now, absolutely. Hmmm, good plumbing and sewers, electric lights, television, satellite, MICROWAVE OVENS!, and central heating and airconditioning. Automobiles, airplanes, condos on the beach!, cellphones, interstate highways, national parks, musuems, oh, could I go on and on. Never in any time in history would I have the opportunity to live at this comfort level. Henry II had straw on the floor in a drafty castle. I live better than his queen!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

50 years from now so I only have to read about what happened.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have always had respect for the African Americans in the Civil Rights Movement. Being an EX-JW I feel a kinship to that group's struggle because we both became tired of being singled out because of a title or nationality.

Once the "Apostate" label is attached to your name the vast majority of Witnesses will detest you; there are some who will uphold human rights but they are few and far between. The ones detesting you will say "they only detest your actions" but that's just how they justify it in their own minds. Fooling themselves into hating your "actions" also helps them with any "less than Christian" acts they may commit. Deep down they hate anyone who is actively opposing the New Order they care so much about. They have put their heart and soul and all subsequent eggs in one basket. They are going to fight (literally) to preserve that way of life.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It would be now, absolutely. Hmmm, good plumbing and sewers, electric lights, television, satellite, MICROWAVE OVENS!, and central heating and airconditioning. Automobiles, airplanes, condos on the beach!, cellphones, interstate highways, national parks, musuems, oh, could I go on and on. Never in any time in history would I have the opportunity to live at this comfort level. Henry II had straw on the floor in a drafty castle. I live better than his queen!

We do live in a time where such comfort is available to a lot of people... but not all :(

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    50 years from now so I only have to read about what happened.

CHEATER! No future.

-Sab

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'm with wasblind. Being a black female, I prefer to live in this time period. I don't think there ever was a time period that was really good for dark people.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Serenity I was going to say if I could be a man, there are several periods I would have liked to see. Ultimately this has got to be the best for women. Color would depend on where in the world you choose. Here? Now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit