jehovah is love

by kimbo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So you are guys are saying that the conflict is/was between Elohim and YHWH, hence the tow differing accounts of Genesis and what soem scholars have said is the "division" of the Pentetauch between the Elohist writer and the Yahwehist writer, something like that?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

PSac, I think the Elohim and YHWH are completely different, and that these ideas were channeled from different sources and ended up in the Bible. Yes this is indeed what creates all the conflict and contradictions in the OT. Add to that Ezra's extensive interpolations and voila, we have a complete mess.

Just curious, have you read Nate Merritt's book, Jehovah Unmasked? It's a pretty quick read and available for free download in PDF format.... it pretty much shows that the Bible really is being truthful when it comes to Jehovah... it doesn't try to hide what he's all about. It just depends on whether we can read it without preconceived notions.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I want WTW to say more. Very interesting take on this!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I think the Genesis and the rest of the Bible are nothing more than stories. There is no Jay Hoover, no Satan and no Jesus, because there are no dragons, no fairies, no leperchauns. Those who speak of Jesus as the savior of the world do nothing but replace a myth with another myth. We were always alone.

• ranmac
    ranmac

Im risking a flame war here, but.....

Exodus 4:24

If Jah tries to kill Moses, what hope do we have?

• designs
  • Heaven
    Heaven

designs, in some of your posts, nothing shows up like this one ^ . What is happening here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit