"Apostates main topic is always Disfellowshipping! And I agree with the arrangement 100%"

by sabastious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

I never did like all the rules. My father was a very strick elder and presiding elder. My family lived next door to my parents when they dissassociated me they sold their home and moved 30miles away so they wouldn't be close to us. My dad was killed in auto. accident and almost killed my mother. About a month before the accident my dad did barely say hello, but that was all. I told him I would always speak to him. He was a good dad to me and did teach good principles to me. They both did. I had to help take care of my mother as she had multiplemyeloma (bone cancer all over her body) When she passed I arranged a witness funeral for her. The guy that studied with them in 1951 is the one that did both of their funerals. At one time there were 40 relatives that shuned me. Its not fun but I went on with my life. My dad said I would be all by myself. I found a church and went reg. so when they had their accident I had those people. I don't go at this point but those people were there for me when it meant something. I wasn't all by myself. That is what the society wants to ingrain in witness minds if they are disf'd so they think that is what will happen. There are lots of people that are very good honest people. You just have to get acquainted with them.

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

I was disassociated when I told my dad that I wasn't going back to the KH. At the time I was subcontracting cleaning job from him. I gave him a two weeks notice and he threw the money he owed me and told me I need not come back. The elders were even sent out on the job to talk to me when I was working. I told the dispatcher to telll them I was busy and couldn't talk. that was on a Mon. and on Thurs. I know is when they read the letter about me. I never went to any (interrigation meetings) always said I wouldn't. I was in for 32yrs. been out 29yrs and don't miss it any. I did however go back to a congregation a ways from me just after song. Someone stepted over & gave me a WT. but soon as they started to sing the last song I got up & left. I didn't want to be ask all the questions that are ask when someone new comes in to the meeting.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I know children can be cruel, but how, how can "mature Christian" adults do this to another? Surely, it demonstrates repentance that the DF'd person attends the meeting? How could anyone justify making it a torture session?

Retro that is an exellect point! If they truly were models of Jesus that would be enough for reinstatement.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Band, at my Judicial Committee Appeal, the elders said there was no reason why I should be proud (by listening to a recording) of the situation (my disfellowshipping). Try to figure that out.

It's not about being "proud" of the recording, lol. It's about protecting yourself from corruption within the Elder ranks... but the Rank and File Witnesses rights are few and far in between. The Societies explanation of corrupt elders is "there aren't very many, deal with it until the New Order comes."

That Elder was a twit.

-Sab

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The ProDFers as I just named them, are advovates of the policy and believe that it churns out, once the offender returns through the system in place, very "spiritual" people.

Think about this process and figure out what the desired result the originator of the policy was:

The ProDFers explained it in their terms. The purpose, or desired result, is "very spiritual people." To them, this means obedient members with an extremely high level of group solidarity. Out of all my JW relatives the most extremely cult-like to this day is the one who was DFd in her late teens, got reinstated, and has pioneered ever since.

DFing beats down and humiliates the person to the point where THEY HAVE NO INDIVIDUAL SELF ESTEEM outside of official Borg recognition. It works on the DF'd ones and the FEAR OF IT works on the non-DFd rank and file.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Chilling story freskalynn, and welcome to the forum!

The extent that the Org goes to to "keep order within the congregation" is flat delusional.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    DFing beats down and humiliates the person to the point where THEY HAVE NO INDIVIDUAL SELF ESTEEM outside of official Borg recognition. It works on the DF'd ones and the FEAR OF IT works on the non-DFd rank and file.

I believe the DF'ing system was designed to "prove" to the members that they can't continue on without the Organization. The Society->Member relationship mimics the dysfunctional relationships of Husband/Wife or Father/Son where the Father beats their subjects into submission with psychological and/or physical abuse.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit