Dreamed my JW Daughter Shunned me in the Grocery Store and..........

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

then I woke up and realized it's a scenario that's happening anyway in my life as she's shunning me in reality. In the dream she was pushing a cart and almost ran into me turning into a main aisle. As I walked in front of her cart I asked her " Why won't you talk to me ? Why won't you talk to me ? " She looked right through me straight ahead as I kept on asking this question to her . Finally out in the parking lot she started crying and blurted out to me , " Dad ! Because you are saying lies about the JW organization ! " I said, " What ? Everything I say about the Witnesses is true ! I wouldn't lie about anything that important ! " Then I gave her a hug in the dream, and woke up . Sigh. So what do you think it means ?

This is my older daughter ( 23 ) who I was really close to when she was a teenager. But since my fade of 7 years - she and her younger sister have virtually totally shunned me . I've tried sending pictures, nice cards telling her how my wife and son and I are doing. Camping trips we are taking, how our health is, etc. and I ask how she and her JW husband are doing ? Still I get zip back. Nothing. Notta. It gets discouraging. But I realize it will take time as she is cult mind controlled. I just have to be patient.

I've tried using Steve Hassan's methods and I've had some success , but my daughters snap back into the mind control right after. I will keep trying as basically I'm a pretty positive person who never gives up. My daughters also have their JW mother ( my ex of 19 yrs.marriage ) who influences them to see me as either an inactive apostate , or at the least bad association who should be " marked " to avoid.

So have any of you had some experiences in reaching your adult JW children and had some success with certain methods to make them think - without pissing them off ? As always I'm open to suggestions. Or if you WERE that JW adult child - WHAT did your middle aged non-witness parents do to make YOU think about how your life was going ? I'm trying to brainstorm ideas here- so any comments would be helpful. Thanks and a big Peace out to all of you. Mr. Flipper

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

hey flip

Im the type that wants to do something i dont have children but have family in the truth and dont want to lose them so at this time i'm tryin to become inactive though it hurts cause i love not only my family but also the friends. The problem is with Jw org. and religion itself. I would tell my personal story in a way that is from my heart and doesnt just tear down. Im a very ex pioneer, elder. I cant reach my wife but she deals with me, at times i believe i reach her with some things I share. People dont realize the washing of the brain because its so slow, suddle and we think the way we been taught to think. If i could get someone else to try and communicate the truth with my wife other than myself and i believed it couldn't hurt i think i'd give it a shot. U can look at the topicks iv started and the ones i'v commented on so u know the type of person I am. Either way I hope your able to streagthen your relationship or rebuild with your daughter. My hope is based on the beliefe that we will get what we want if we truly believe it. I do believe thats the way life works. best wishes me

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The best advice I got was from a man who never was a JW but had similar family issues involving fanatical political views. He said simply "Take what they give". If that consists of a simple nod, accept it and know it is the best they can give right now, if it's a brief coversation about health matters, accept it and don't demand more.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

We have the family drama going on right now. Whathappened's daughter wrote her a letter asking her to seek help. If any useful things come of this, we'll let you know. It has to be really hard. She does see you some, even a limited way?

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Sigh. So what do you think it means ?

I think it means that this horrible situation crated by the Watchower is on your mind. How could it not be?

Nothing wrong with trying to change things but we also need to be able accept things the way they are. I'm speaking in theory not as one who has been successful in always following my own advice.

• I quit!
  • TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I quit ---I try and hope in the future we all try to make our statements as honest as that. I'm speaking in theory not as one who has been successful in always following my own advice.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the comments. I'll answer you first 4 folks, then have to go to bed for work tomorrow. I'll be gone all day tomorrow but wil reply again Wednesday. Thanks again.

THE LOVE DOCTOR- Good luck with your wife my friend. I hope you reach her. Good suggestion on your part to tell my story from the heart in a way that won't tear down. I'll consider that. The problem IS with the JW religion for sure. People don't realize how subtle the mind control is being put into witnesses brains. I agree- I just have to keep trying, if we want something hard enough we can get it.

PEACEFUL PETE- Good points. I realize I just have to be patient and take what my daughter gives right now . In time maybe her eyes will open.

GRANDMA JONES- My daughters don't even see me in a limited way, not at all. I hope your sister doesn't run into problems with her kids . But it sounds as if one of the elders got to your sisters daughter. I hope What Happened can still maintain her reltionship with her daughter.

I QUIT- Yes. the cult is definitely controlling JW's worse. We just have to stand up for our rights And accepting that we can't change everything but must be patient. I'm beginning to realize that patience is a virtue here in my particular situation. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

flip i was talking about me or someone u trusted trying to communicate with your daughter my email. letter or something somehow annonamouse

• bohm
    bohm

sigh. i got nothing helpful to say.. i just hope that someday she will soften up. i really believe you were going somewhere earlier in 2010.

im very sorry for you. she dont know what she is turning her back to .

to paraphrase, "good people do good, bad people do bad, it takes a cult to make good people do bad things".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit