CO visit last Tuesday- Platform announcement

by DeeDubs 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

We had the CO visit in the cong last week. He reread the pioneer letter for April at the end of the meeting on Tuesday, he basically stated he was looking especially forward to EVERY Elders and MS and their families application, and it would be nice to see out of the 150 publishers with the elders and MS and their families "taking the lead" if we could break 100 aux pioneers that month. You could hear a pin drop...It was a bit Strong to say the least. I was sitting behind one of the elders wives and her ears turned red. A simple letter to encouraging Aux Pio just became a law. Im glad Im DF'd still...LOL

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

That does sound radical comparing with the old days. Your spouse told you about this? Or you were there, even tho you're glad to be DF'd, and the reason you're sitting through this rubbish is ...?

Len

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

Im not glad to be Df'd because I miss my family and friends...in the context of I dont have to worry about handing in a application. I am working towards reinstatement.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Do more, do more, do more.....

It never changes.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

its not what the wts can do for you, but what can you do for the wts. big momma needs you to keep doin your thang!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

These new hours and the 'push'

all so they can brag about the tremendous witness and the amazing number who aux pioneered

in the next yearbook.

It's all so contrived! ooh look how jehovah is blessing us...

oz

they sicken me...

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

its not what the wts can do for you, but what can you do for the wts. big momma needs you to keep doin your thang!

• wobble
    wobble

Personally, I never took what a C.O said to have any authority, and neither did the Elders in my Congo.

"C.O's and D.O's come and go, take no notice of their waffle" was the attitude. It was belonging to a liberal minded rebellious Congo. that kept me trapped in the cult for so long I think.

Having said that, a really lovely guy who was our C.O for a while made the same appeal, and I think because he did it privately to the appointed men, in his kindly "we understand if you cannot" way, the whole body of appointed men responded, bar one.

But that was the only time, most times we carried on as normal, myself and a number of appointed men never went out on FS when the C.O came for instance, really funny. Of course the brown nose ones did.

• nugget
    nugget

One of our COs made a similar proposition at the elders meeting about Elders and MSs taking the lead. That year only my hubby aux pioneered.

On another occasion the congregation was told that the CO expected 100% attendance at the Saturday Service arrangement. We did pretty well high 80s I think.

Very funny though I wonder how many will pioneer.

• dozy
    dozy

An elder friend was telling me that his CO took the elders & ms to task during his meeting , complaining than he had "looked through the records" & none of them had aux pioneered for ages , so a few are (somewhat reluctantly) signing up for April.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit