Eek! A Male!

by laverite 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When I was a JW elder it always amazed me how many parents thought teaching their children about sex was wrong or they were scared to do it. I remember one young married couple came to me about sexual problem. The husband could not have or had a hard time having sex with his wife because as a teenager his mother beat in to him how dirty sex was and God was going to punish him. Sad to say the marriage did not last. In just the last few years we have found out by our oldest son he was abused by his best friends mother. Lots and Lots of problems in JW world when it comes to human sexual relationships. Just woke up.....Totally ADD

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Isn't the point that we shouldn't look at men and think molester?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Brotherdan, I have exactly the same experience with my mother. She was abused, raised all her sons (no daughters) believing females were half-goddess princesses who are perfect and cannot possibly fail. Men should also do a lot of household chores, even if they work full-time and their wives don't work at all.

It took me a while to realize a balanced view on women and finally I came to behold the truth, that even women sometimes poop.

• freddo
    freddo

Snoozy said "I have never heard of a gay pedophile".

I have.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    I have never heard of a pedophile that was gay..has anyone else?

echoing freddo, yes, many pedophiles prefer children of their own gender, but there is no scientific evidence to indicate that gays are more disposed to pedophilia than straights (although the Vatican says there's a link).

There are those who disagree with the above sentiment. http://www.theinterim.com/2002/sept/02study.html

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    even women sometimes poop.

Not the cute ones. That is not possible. They are all flowers, sunshine, and gorgeousness.

• White Dove
    White Dove

This point of viewing just men as abusive and vile was made by South Park.

When it was reported that Ike's kindergarten teacher was having an affair with him, all the men said, "Niiiice!" and "But she's a WOMAN."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You bring up a good point, White Dove. I think about the teacher that has sex with her 14 year old student. It is the tendency of guys to think, "Good for him." But it is really child molestation.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"And I've worked with men who were abused by women."

This happened to me as a JW.

HQ

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm sorry to hear that HQ. You are most definitely not alone here as there are others who have been abused by women.

That double standard is so harmful to the millions of boys who have been abused by older women. My JW ex was one of them and he still thinks it didn't negatively affect him. I know his attitudes about sex and I don't agree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit