- Revelation, Job, Gospel of John, Roman, 1 and 2 Corinthians

Waiting for Godot, Beckett

The Narnia Chronicles

Gnostic gospels, not bound

• littlerockguy
  • just n from bethel
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Madeleine L'Engle who wrote A Wrinkle in Time worked in the library of the church I attended. I lost everything to facial pain. She ministered to me freely. I never heard of her before I met her and certainly had not read the book. She had such a gift. I would not be alive today without her. A Wrinkle in Time and other works brought in a huge cash flow and her husband was an actor in a soap that ran forever but she dressed simply. She was not the least pretentious. I can only hope that I can forward the debt I owe her.

• d
    d

My list of life changing books, 1.Buddhism plain and simple 2.Richard Dawkins God Delusion 3.Catcher in the Rye

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The big book, by A.A.

• wobble
    wobble

C.O.C first, then I read a lot by Karen Armstrong, she changed my view of God, The Bible and Religion with her well researched and yet readable books.

Once my world-view was changed I began to read an eclectic list, old and moderrn philosophers and poets mainly, and some history, but Ray's book (s) and Karen's books changed my life.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Telephone directories! Wherever I go I read them!

Fantastic source of both useful and useless information; just like JW books.

• designs
    designs

Joseph Campbell- The Power of Myth

Rabbi Ausubel- The Book Of Jewish Knowledge

Unoffical Guide to the Best Nude Beaches

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Band on the RUn - Wow, that is fascinating about Madeleine L'Engle! I think all my daughters have read at least one of her books, so i will pass that on to them.

Best Nude Beaches? Hmm, i'll have to order one immediately! ew...

I like Happiness is a Serious Problem by Denis Prager. My favorite book of all time is the Book of Concord, a compilation of the Lutheran Confessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit