JACK LALANNE DIES.........

by wasblind 13 Replies latest social physical

• wasblind
    wasblind

JackLaLanne (born September 26, 1914) is an American fitness, exercise, nutritional expert, and motivational speaker who has been called "the godfather of fitness".

I grew up watchin' him on TV

I hope he wasn't a Jehovah's Witness, he would have been disappointed

at the time of his demise.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

He bet on the Bears and the Jets, from what I heard. Seriously though, its funny how these guys don't outlive George Burns who didn't lift anything but cigars and alcohol. I will concede some of the pictures of Lalanne as an old man were quite impressive. There's days I step out of the gym and I'm feeling real proud because of that pump you have post workout. It lasts a little bit into the next day, and then it goes back down again. I wish I had the time to maintain that pump, but life's responsibilities beckon.

But hey, RIP Jack Lalanne.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes, I recall him in the 60's on tv.

More recently he spent time hawking his juicing equipment in informercials.

His focus on health and eating well served him well - a long life of 96 years.

RIP JL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe it. Also, I won't believe when Dick Clark goes. He was on syndicated tv in the fifties. I never worked out with him on air. It was fun just watching him. What a body! He was ahead of his time. Between Jane Fonda, Richard Simmons and jack LaLane, I'll take Lalane. I hope he was healthy until he died.

George Burns was truly amazing and sharp. And my personal hero, John Lennon, was murdered at 40. Sad.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I watched him (because my mom did) in the 50's on a TV screen the size of a pie pan. He was very dynamic and entertaining.

• blondie
    blondie

There was one man that I thought would live forever...

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is another example of the generation of 1914, (LaLanne only 'born' then - those of discerning age by then, much longer gone) Reality, -- one day cometh and another day goeth.

• Violia
    Violia

Did they list a cause of death other than natural causes? If that pic is current, he did not look 96. Amazing man, I too watched him with my mom back in the 50's. He made a difference in our lives and will always be remembered.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Remember when every year on his birthday he would pull a barge with his teeth while swimming across the pacific ocean (or something like that).

The man was amazing, I loved him.

• LV101
    LV101

heard on heraldo's show he succumbed to pneumonia - sad indeed. he lived in morro bay, calif. i remember watching him on black/white tv as a child --- following along w/the exercises and feeling the worse pain/stiffness next day. what incredible shape he was in back then.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit