It was a Mastercard moment!

by Desert Rat 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Me and my hubby went to town today to do a little shopping. We stopped at a little place we like for lunch. Part way through our meal two ladies sat down in the booth next to us. Now I didn't try to eavesdrop, but when I heard one ask the other, what she thought of the new CO, my ears tuned in on their conversation.

It went something like this...

Lady #2 - I don't care for him. He sure is full of himself!

Lady#1 - My husband says they are having a hard time finding people willing to work with him and even share a meal.

Lady #2- Well that doesn't surprise me. I think Miss Prissy wouldn't want to lower herself to share a meal with any of us!

Lady #1- Did you notice his ratty looking book bag? Somebody should throw that thing away! It would be embarrassing to be at a call with him holding that thing! I wonder where they dug them up at and why they sent them here?

Then one of their cell phone's rang.

I couldn't resist when we got ready to leave. I bent over and said "Good afternoon sisters. When you choose to gossip about our new Circuit Overseer in a public place, you really should be mindful of just who might overhear your conversation. I'm sure our new CO will be pleased to know what you think of him!" Then I walked off without giving them a chance for a comeback.

The meal was $20-- the look on their face was PRICELESS!!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

You might be instrumental in them leaving...They might be tired of witness narcs! HAHA....

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ha! I totally love it!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Classic!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So you're still a witness then?

You might want to check your tires after the next meeting you all attend together...

Just saying...

If you just said that for fun, (Patting you on the back) Good one!!!

Snoozy..

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

I haven't been to a meeting since the early 90's. But I loved putting 'the fear of God' in those two gals! I think I actually felt empowered!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Snoozy

• laverite
    laverite

Priceless!

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

that's just great! Good for you! I really hope they wake up and say 'enough is enough'.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ha, ha! Priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit