What is the address of Beth Sharim?

by dgp 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(never mind)

• Ding
    Ding

Open Mind,

"House of Princes" sounds impressive, but do the owners know that means the OT patriarchs?

Even JWs don't know about it.

When you think about it, when the WTS sold Beth Sarim they were admitting that the deed provision which said that they were holding title in trust for the OT patriarchs was nonsense -- or that they were violating the trust.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ding, I have no idea. We just took a couple photos from each end of the property out on the sidewalk. It looked like someone was home and we didn't want to freak them out to much.

But as you can see from the pictures, it's in a wide open non-gated community. Unless they're a Do Not Call, I'll bet the local JWs have tried working that Historic Marker into a customized WT "presentation". Just speculating of course.

om

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If the WTS. ( J Rutherford ) didn't entitle the house and attaching property that way they would have had to pay tax just like any other

residential property. Being that the house was no where near the WTS business headquarters they devised this entitlement scheme.

Remember Rutherford was the lawyer that Russell used in purchasing properties before he passed away and was most likely privy

to the organizations financial assets.

• designs
    designs

When I first left the Watchtower Society I would drive by the house maybe once a year, its about 50 miles south of where I live. It helped bring some closure as they say. Haven't been back in years.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I didn't know about the plaque either. Too bad it doesn't have an explanation of why it is there. If someone takes the time to google "San Diego Historical Marker 474" they will get all the info on why it is there. A city marker to failed false prophecy. You gotta love it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Some info. from San Diego's historical archives

Beth-Sarim: House of the

Princes 465-060-07 4440 Braeburn Road 92116 Mid City 8/23/2001

B (Historical Person);

C (Architecture);

F (Contributor to a

District) Spanish Eclectic 1929-30

J.W. Gernandt

Construction Co, builder

Judge Joseph F.

Rutherford

May be the work of

Master Architect

Richard Requa.

Designated under

HRB CRITERION F

as part of the

POTENTIAL

Kensington Talmadge

District. Y P-01-141

• I quit!
    I quit!

I just read Farkel's link on the subject. Very interesting.

• blondie
    blondie

Searching JWN and Google yielded this

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/120813/1/Rutherford-Beth-Sarim-The-Journal-of-San-Diego-History

4440 Braeburn Road, San Diego, Ca. 92116

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit