In 25 Years Will The WT.Organization Still Be Around?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think so. And I doubt it'll grow much, if at all, but I think it will still be around.

What do you think?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes, they'll be going strong, long after we're all dead.

• minimus
    minimus

People who believe they can bring down the Watchtower are in fantasy land. It'll always be around (unfortunately).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Mormons are going strong, despite the evidence.

Scientific studies conclusively show that the major claim of the Book of Mormon that Israelites are the principle ancestors of Native Americans is false. In fact, there are no Native American populations that share ancestry with Israelites.

http://www.godandscience.org/cults/dna.html

• minimus
    minimus

Mormons, JWs, whatever.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

As Randy Watters says, "Cults work."

Some people need to be told what to do. They desire an authoritarian environment.

• agonus
    agonus

Anything is possible i supppose, but i doubt the wt of tomorrow will much resemble the wt of today

• Gayle
    Gayle

Christian Scientist numbers declining critically: (not sure how accurate this is, but I am thinking could be)

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/cs.html

C. S. will probably always be around, but the decline is still good to see.

For JWs, it is hard to know but a "floundering" is happening.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I could see the numbers holding steady for many years, or even going down to a large degree. But I don't see ANY signs that the WT is close to shutting its doors. What will happen is either the numbers will decline and they will point to the scriptures saying that the love of the greater number is cooling off. Or there will be a 9/11 type disaster that will drive people back to the hall for a while and boost the numbers. But they won't end. People like my mother will die a JW. She's only 50 so she's got a ways to go in this organization. Sad sad thing...

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

It will still be around, but most witnesses of today will have been replaced by others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit