Is drinking distilled water dangerous?

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Some say Yes and Some say No. I am confused.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Distilled water and deionized water are perfectly safe to drink.

Drinking water in excess is toxic to the nervous system. Fatalities have occured. It is called: water intoxication, hyper-hydration, water poisoning or over-hydration.

See: Water intoxication

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

is not dangerous but the process removes all the minerals in it.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I would buy a Kangan water machine and only drink THAT water. If I could afford one I would do it.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I would buy a Kangan water machine and only drink THAT water. If I could afford one I would do it.

From their web site you can read:

many western mainstream doctors, research scientists, and other wellness professionals agree that maintaining a strong alkaline environment inside your body is critical to overall health.

This is absolute bullshit. The normal blood pH is tightly regulated between 7.35 and 7.45 regardless of the kind and amount of water you drink.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    is not dangerous but the process removes all the minerals in it.

ding ding ding ding ding!!!

• heathen
    heathen

I'm afraid to drink tap water with the flouride in it . The jesse ventura special on bottled water was very interesting . Highly recommend the conspiracy theory show on TRUE TV

• clarity
    clarity

Yes, distilled water has the minerals removed. If you drink it, you will soon feel as if the calcium is being pulled from your bones and also the nerves suffer. You could try supplementing with cal/mag etc ...but don't think you could keep up with the constant mineral loss.

Scientific?? No proof. ... Just my own experience.

clarity

• whataburger
    whataburger

Water seeks an equilibrium. If you take the minerals out, and then drink it, it will leech the minerals out of your digestive track - which means what little minerals you ingest during the day will leave your body dissolved in your urine and not your bloodstream where they are needed. Do this long enough and you will alter the mineral content of your body, and probably the blood, which reaches everywhere.

People want to drink distilled water because they think it is pure and clean, but the reality is that we need water in it's natural state.

Buy a Brita water filter, it traps all of the bad organics (charcoal does a nice job of trapping organic molecules and atoms) and leaves you with balanced water. Those organics and other stuff were never supposed to be in the water, but minerals were.

• Gerard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit