some old pictures

by JeffT 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

So my sister in law is scanning all the old family pictures. Here are a few I'd like to share.

With my brother a very long time ago. Our parents are from Texas, hence the visit to the old shrine.

Back in my hippie days.

With my parents, Stockholm December 1990

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

There in 1990, in Sweden, are you at the Nobel Prize awards....???? What is your father holding in his hands????

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice pictures Jeff but I have to say you look spiritually weak in picture #2.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Cool pictures!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Not sure yet.

My father ran the bone marrow transplant program at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (he's retired now). He and Joe Murray, who did the first kidney transplant, shared the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

I quit: I'd never heard of JW's when that picture was taken. It was sex, drugs and Rock an Roll all the way.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cool beans.

Like, wow, man.

I mean, like, wow!

Syl

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Great pics Jeff!!

I was born in 1968 and sometimes wish I could have been a young adult around the late 60s and early 70s. I love the pop culture from back then from the music back then to lava lamps, LOL

LRG

• I quit!
    I quit!

Just wondering Jeff what age did you become a Jdub. I got involve with them when I was 19 and fortunately was out before I hit 30.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I started studying with a friend who was a JW in 1972. I met him a couple of years before, he then followed his mother and sister into the religion. I was baptized the year I graduated from college, 1973 and got out in 1988.

Litttle rock, yeah, we had a great soundtrack. In the course of a few years I saw The Who, Led zep, The doors, cream, the greatful dead and a few others. I was in at least one anti-war demonstration that turned into a riot.

Then the JW's came along and told me we'd all be happy after 1975. And I was stupid enought to believe them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" My father ran the bone marrow transplant program at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (he's retired now). He and Joe Murray, who did the first kidney transplant, shared the Nobel Prize in Medicine."

Ditto Snowbird, I'm truly impressed, thanks for sharin' Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit