IS THE GOVERNING BODY NOW THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?

by Vanderhoven7 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I strongly believe that the governing body would like to have the title of "faithful and discreet slave"apply only to them.

And when the rank and file speak or pray for the "anointed", you know they are referring to the governing body.

Recently I spoke with a very devoted jw who was told at bethel by one of the bethel heavies said that there are only a few hundreds of true, genuine anointed.

I do think that it will get to the point where the governing pompous ones will take ownership of the title "faithful and discreet slave".

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Which would pretty well take the doctrine back to what Russell taught in his final years.

• VM44
    VM44

From The Watchtower 3/15/98 article, page 20.

15. If a Witness makes decisions on the basis of Bible counsel offered by the Governing Body, he does so of his own volition because his own study of the Bible has convinced him that this is the proper course.

Is this a disclaimer on the part of the GB not to hold them accountable for the people who chose to listen to them?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Great response Monroe. Hope you don't mind if I quote you. :^)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They wear two different coats in this organization, one being the GB and the other the FDSL.

The FDSL identity is one they don't really want to be noted as wearing as they have come up with the most

corrupt disingenuous bible teachings in the organization's history, there is obvious truth to that.

But they can as its notice juggle these identities back and forth, when they feel its necessary.

For this reason carrying two different identities is both helpful and useful to them.

• BlindersOff1
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

BTTT

This post highlights a phenomenon. Careful readers (often exJWs) already noticed that a subtle change on this doctrine was happening. Uncareful readers (often JWs) didn't notice that a possible change was in the works but it didn't matter because those hints (which had been there for decades) made them hardly aware that this was even a change.

I asked a neighbor who is a pioneer sister if she had heard the change, and she said: "Isn't that what we always believed?"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    The transformation of the doctrine is complete. Interesting to see the evolution of it all, as Gilgamesh points out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit