Kool-aid man - a Question?

by Broken Promises 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

"Use the same email address that you signed up for here. Good luck!"

One of the first instructions on that page. The email address I signed up here with is no longer in use and I can't change it cos the forum doesn't let me edit any details.

Pretty useless eh.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

I am in the same boat boat as zombie dub ......... The email address I signed up here with is no longer in use and I can't change it because the forum doesn't let me edit any details. This is what my old avatar was....

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

How about if you open a new account using your new email address?

• undercover
    undercover

I dunno... looks like the gravatar got the general appearance about right...

All you need now is a cross to hang from

• minimus
    minimus

I know Kool Aid Man. He's a very good guy. He's different , as in artistic different. I don't agree with his way of getting people's attention, but that's me. But as a person, he's A-OK.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's pretty insulting Broken Promises...

Why make a snap judgement based on Rick being brave enough to use his picture? If I begin to post my picture, are you going to say the same things about me? It sounds like you still have some of the WT judgemental thinking in your head still...

• Gayle
    Gayle

Just because we have our personal picture up here doesn't denote haughtiness or arrogance. I was able to use my picture when I signed up, once I figured how to do it. My picture (with my siblings) (well, I hate most pictures of me actually), for me, denotes how 'free' I am now. I am "out" and have now the freedom to express myself openly, but I hope encouragingly, not with anger or spite, but to be forthright for sure. I respect that most don't have the freedom to put their picture up here yet. I am a grandmom now and it is amazing what we are willing to say as we get older, quite fearless.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Coming from outside and not having knowledge of internal politics, I think the first one conveys someoone standing up to the Witnesses. I grew up in the area, my father was a Bethelite, I worked next to the WTC and looked down on the society. The contrast between a whole individual and a mindless monolithic organization comes across well in the original.

The second one requires reading all the printed words. A lot of words, IMO for a logo or something that represents something in summary. Images are so tiny.

These are my thoughts on the issue. It is not my symbol to the world so my view does not count. I suppose outsiders do not instantly recognize the building. Maybe a shot that frames the JW sign. I always wondered why they were so nice to broadcast the time and temp to Manhattan.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

question asked and answered

end of discussion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit