What do people/souls do in heaven?

by David Gladden 13 Replies latest jw friends

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

I'm always hearing about people wanting to goto heaven...

1. What exactly are people/souls supposed to do in heaven?
    2. If you believe in heaven, why?
    3. What are the ideas/opinions based on?
    4. Why don't people look forward to living with the Pink Unicorn on Pluto? (Seriously)

Please don't just say "The Bible", "Koran", etc... I'm interested in specifics.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    1. What exactly are people/souls supposed to do in heaven?

I think they're supposed to gloat over the people who are in hell.

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• openminded
    openminded

I am not sure, but wouldnt it be ironic if they sat around and hoped to go to earth? -OM

• freeman
    freeman

1. What exactly are people/souls supposed to do in heaven? Hang out on the beach and drink margaritas.

2. If you believe in heaven, why? Yes I do, and why the hell shouldn’t I?

3. What are the ideas/opinions based on? All my opinions and ideas are solidly based on absurdities.

4. Why don't people look forward to living with the Pink Unicorn on Pluto? If you need to ask, then you can’t afford to know.

Freeman

• Okidok
    Okidok

Where is heaven??? some place in orbit near the moon???

"It takes two to speak the truth -- one to speak, and another to
    hear."
    ---Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Whatever they do, it can't be that interesting. Otherwise why would all those angels in Noah's time have come down to Earth just for some terrestrial poon-tang?

• Moxy
    Moxy

maybe all the angel chicks werent putting out

mox (apologetic)

• Beans
    Beans

Heaven,I think I`m there every time I am gratified but then reality sets in so I`m sure it dosen`t exist.
    Beans

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

This isn't what I was hoping for. At least it is something though!

Can any Bible/Koran thumpers give some input?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Has anyone ever noticed how detailed, down to the finest details, descriptions of Hell are? Just read Rebecca Brown, her books are obtainable from any fundy bookshop.
    Has anyone ever noticed how vague descriptions of life in heaven are?
    Noone seems to have any idea what will occur there.
    This is probably because noone REALLY wants to spend eternity fawning and uttering praises to the Godhead.
    I mean, Why does HE need the praises, the singing, the palm waving?

Personally I have no set philosophy on afterlife. "My Father has many mansions" perhaps there is a heaven for every opinion.Or, It is possible we go where we believe we are going.
    Also,It is possible we are simply reabsorbed into a supermind which learns from our experiences here on earth.
    It is possible we simply go into unconsciousness.
    If I find the categorical answer, I'll let you know..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit