The WTS Is a Bunch of Legalistic, Lost-In-The-50's, Clueless Buffoons!!!

by snowbird 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal

It's not just the WTS. When I use to attend independent fundamental baptist churches, they gave me the impression of a bunch of uneducated, lost in the 19th century, legalistic people. Their ideal world resembles something you'd find on Little House on the Prairie.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They've made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus was a hippy, and Bethel aint no hippy commune I can tell you that!

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know several around here that are like that, Gary.

However, they haven't set themselves up as God's mouthpiece as the WT has.

Syl

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

According to that letter that YKnot showed: When I was in an emotionally and mentally abusive marriage, I was A-OK to them.

Now I'm in a stable, loving, but "adulterous" marriage......And I have a letter that will follow me around to any congregation I ever decide to attend.

Nice.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I mean, there are hungry mouths to be fed, widows and orphans to be cared for and comforted, and all they can think of is making rules so that people will remain in their clutches???????

This is insane!

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    They've made a mockery of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

Agreed. I was there for over three decades. However, would I have learned the Bible like I did elsewhere? Learning about the mockery led me to the Mocked.

BTS

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

There are also non-buffoons, one might even typify them as highly cognisant individuals, who don't think much of Jesus Christ either (or who perceive him to be a fictional character, or maybe a delusional character whose alleged teachings were cobbled together by several ancient desert dwellers who were postulating their own agenda.

But I do agree the WTS is an abomination.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Legalistic,Lost-in-The 50`s,Clueless Buffoons!!!"..

"The"..

"WBT$ GB Evil Clowns"..

................... ...OUTLAW

• Joliette
    Joliette

Snowbird: Very funny and random thought. Yes, they are VERY stuck in the 1950's. They cant compete with the internet.

• cult classic
    cult classic

A buffoon is an uneducated and stupid person, a bumbling fool...

yep, you hit the nail on the head Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit