Conventions Money Canceled-Tri-City

by messenger 17 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

booooooooahahhah..

your figures are ummm....."whack"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

If my numbers are "whack", pick one that you think is wrong and do your own calculation.

Besides, even if my numbers are out by a factor of 10 (which they aren't), the society is still a greedy, money-grubbing organization that cares more for its own profits than its members.

• Moxy
    Moxy

from http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/2000/0709/story4jw.html

For three consecutive weekends each year, about 17,400 Jehovah's Witnesses flock to the Tri-Cities Coliseum in Kennewick for a district convention...

given an increase to 5 weekends, we would probably be talking around 30,000 attendance.

anyways, isnt tri-city thats getting stiffed here, not the WT?

mox

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

So....Dub A is travelling to the convention center from his city, 300 miles east of the convention center. Dub B is 100 miles west of the convention center. If Dub A is travelling at the rate of 50 miles per hour, how fast would Dub B have to travel to crash head on into Dub A, sending all mags and brochures flying?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Moxy: I read the above quote to mean that 17,400 attend the convention for each of the three weekends.

A quick scan of the tri-city colloseum indicates that the last hockey game drew 10,759, and local sports writers complain that the arena is usually only about 1/3 full (at around 5500). Since assemblies can use the ice surface for seating, the capacity is probably around 18,000.

If their total attendance was only 17400, they could easily shrink it to 1 or 2 weekends.

• TR
    TR

This is interesting, because I live in Spokane which has a population of around 250-300 thousand. It's the only "large" city in Eastern Wa. Rarely are WT conventions held here. I don't think Spokane likes to play ball with the WTS. Spokane is the largest city between Minneapolis and Seattle. That's a fairly good distance.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• Moxy
    Moxy

rm: youre right. that makes more sense. the grammar is confusing.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good to see the WTS applies its own counsel to "keep the eye simple" !!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit