1967 Wierdest Yearbook experience EVER! Witness silences talking snake!!

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• White Dove
    White Dove

They made demunz sound more powerful and dangerous than God.

Has it ever been said that demunz killed anyone?

God and the angels have killed millions.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I bet Cain was the first muggle. That explains it. That jealous muggle couldn't handle his wizarding brother who could make his pile of dead animals magically catch fire and have voices from above talk to him.

james.....I'd love to hear a tape of that talk!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If only a JW could do something about the Geico lizard.

• minimus
    minimus

If it was in the publications it has to be true.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james.....I'd love to hear a tape of that talk!

Well, of course I don't have one all these years later - but I do wish I had saved the outline.

In those days the hour "public" talk was not written out word for word, but the society put out a detailed 2 to 4 page outline that you had to specifically follow, and all that stuff was in there.

It was every bit as bizarre as the talking snake story.

Almost every real-world overseer or elder that I knew dismissed local claims of demon activity as mental disorder, but we did have one family DFd for "spiritism" after they promoted Native American healing practices around the congregation. I always thought that the JC simply didn't like them rather than actually believing any real demonic issues.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I used to have Geico insurance for my car, but after a near miss on the turnpike I changed insurances and whadya know? Not one near miss!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The society published a more recent experience about a faithful sister in Africa whos entire family had been killed by demons and they were trying to kill her too but because of her faith in jehovah and her prayer she was saved.

Thats pretty much all they said, they didnt say how the family were killed, or why demons were to blame for it. It did not say anything at all about how they new the demons were trying to kill her too, just that they were.

It was one of the most rediculous experiences I ever read, it just made me sit up and go "Wha?"

Now I cant remember if it was a yearbook or an awake

• White Dove
    White Dove

Remember the one about the woman in (guess what country) Africa whose belly continued to swell while studying with JW's?

A few months later (9 was it?), with the help of the witness sister and elders praying with her and burning her spiritistic things, her belly suddenly went down to near normal.

This was in a yearbook about missionaries in Africa.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    A few months later (9 was it?), with the help of the witness sister and elders praying with her and burning her spiritistic things, her belly suddenly went down to near normal.

I think that's called giving birth.

• VM44
    VM44

All that the JW did was to ruin a ventriloquist's act.

But The Watchtower apparently was very proud of him doing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit