A Bethel Memory #9 - God loves a good double chocolate chip

by LivingTheDream 15 Replies latest members private

• life is to short
    life is to short

Living the Dream I was there in the early 90's. The big meal everyone missed was liver day, everyone hated liver day. So brother Couch does morning worship and just blasts the family for not eating the liver, he just went on and on. He said we eat everything else on the cow why not the liver. What was Bethel supposed to do with the liver "throw it away"? No way we were going to eat it and like it!

It seem that a lot of the Bethelites were going to one of the pizza places on liver day and someone had given them a menu from Bethel so this pizza joint had put up a sign in the window saying "thank God for liver". It totally ticked off the brothers at Bethel. Brother Couch said we were making it seem like Bethel was not feeding us and we were begging on the streets for food.

He just went on and on, because on liver day we alway had chocolate ice cream. So he used that to say that we should be staying for liver. It was just one of those moments at Bethel.

LITS

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Substitute "Spam" for "apples" in the above menu, and you'd almost have the classic Monty Python skit!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Great post! Sidlik did always seem like a cool brother who went against the grain (I guess having a wife half your age helps.)

LITS Yeah liver was the most pointless meal they served (followed by granola and boiled eggs for breakfast.) On Bro. Couch I used to LOVE hwne he did morning worship cause he was good for some laugh's.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'm just reading these threads, funny stuff, I can see myself in a lot of these situations. These days however they have staffed nutritionists which provides 'healthy' food menu's for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One healthy portion with 'portion' and 'healthy' in the PhD-recommendations way, tasteless, unsalted and scarce much like their spiritual food.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Correct me if I'm wrong but the "Breakfast, dinner, supper" thing is a "British-ism," no?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Here in the southeast, dinner was a big meal of the day. The hard working farmers ate a huge breakfast, big dinner ( lunch) and supper was the smaller evening meal. It is still the way some of the older folk around here referance the meals.

Living the Dream, I only just discovered your gold mine postings and cursing you ( not really) for causing me to basicaly put a halt to my days responsibilties as I can't stop reading them!I must remember those word "pace myself". :-)

Thank you so very much for your excellent writing and sharing. I too will be ordering that book of yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit