CATASTROPHIC AND SHOCKING TRAGEDY IN HAITI- WHERE IS THE WATCHTOWER ASSISTANCE?

by Scott77 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Yes indeed as the post by black sheep shows they were there. But just as humility keeps the identity of those feeding the sheep their spiritual food, the society refrains from having their exploits exposed because of their great humility.

therevealer

I beg to differ. Is this 'great humility' when families are torn asunder through the irresponsible policy of shunning? Is this great humility when Ex-Jws are illegally stalked at their work places, homes, shopping malls, hospitals etc? Please, give me a break. The watchtower has a history of adoring publicity if not, staging a publicity stunt to attract positive media attention to itself.

Scott77

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    My key question now is: Where is the Watchtower? Why its not mentioned?

The WT is just a minor cult. Don't expect to see everything it does played out in the media.

The only reason we see it as having any importance is because it has effected us, personally.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

" Don't expect to see everything it does played out in the media".

Black Sheep is right..The WTS has never made itself out to be primarily a care giver so what they do, largely for their own members, is unlikely to be in the press. We may think that they should use more of their resources in this way, but....

I think that a bigger question to ask, if one is concerned for the Haitians is, where did all the money go that was donated through the appeals? Why are the people still living in tents?

It hardly makes you want to support the big appeals if very little is done for the people

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There's no profit in it for them. The Hatians probably won't have big, fat insurance cheques to sign over to the watchtower once their homes are rebuilt.

W

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think you need to distinguish between JW's and "The Organization".

Many JW's are willing to help, donate, volunteer time and services ... the Organization seems to put a damper on love that is shown to others. Tragic.

Since WTB&TS, Inc. is expecting the end at any time, it must be difficult for said corporation to offer assistance in a material way to non-JW's (although some may be helped and exploited in magazine articles) because if you are always waiting for the start of the Great Tribulation, helping non-JW's could possibly be working against God's Spirit if the catastrophy was a part of that divine act.

• james_woods
  • itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

There is little insurance coverage by major Property Companies there, therefore if relief came in a big way to the brothers there would be no way for them to contribute back for the assistance. This is a big money operation when they get involved with relief. How so?

Say a homeowner has a roof and drywall damage to thier house. volunteers come in and materials are shipped to the location by WTB&TS great huh, then food is provided by Volunteers and the branch, still with me... everything looks like a unbeleivable gesture of goodwill and help right.... actually when everything wraps up , brothers come around with detailed bills allowing for contributions of insurance payoffs are then suggested. There is a method... in gossip form of informimg all houseolders that "wouldn't it be the right thing to do to pony up the whole amount you received from your insurance coverage"... instead of just the itemized costs. This allows for 100,000s of thousands if not millions of tax free donations all in the name of a non profit religious organization for the "beneifit of all"

• Gayle
    Gayle

Still ahead: a pledge to build 6,200 cement block homes by the end of 2013 by teaching construction skills to Haitians.

I think I remember the WTS providing some tin/aluminum housing in Haiti. Does anyone remember that? I believe that the JWs as individuals did get involved, maybe did get involved in some good things. I don't suspect that too many JWs, nor the organization is doing much anymore.

• Scott77
    Scott77

May be a lot of money is saved for to defend the organisation in courts. For the WTS, material thing comes secondary. sigh.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Watchtower doctrine has it that people who died in Haiti in the earthquake get resurrected, and those who survive get killed in Armageddon permanently, with no hope of resurrection, so the people who die are better off than the survivors.

Given that doctrine .......... why would they help non-believers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit