What makes the GB better than the average JW???

by shadowolf 10 Replies latest jw friends

• shadowolf
    shadowolf

At a past convention i went to a bethel meeting during the lunch break. It was geared towards young people who wanted to dedicate themselves to bethel service...yuck. Anyway, as the boring program went on, an older brother spoke of how, if you went to Bethel, you would be living with the GB. He said "You will be able to speak with them, eat with them, ask them questions etc." He treated the matter as if they were celebrities, or Jesus or something. I immeadiatly thought this was crap. I mean, why on earth are they treated higher than the average JW? Why do JW's view them as having a heavenly hope, whiile everyone else is gonna be on earth? And why the f#ck do they influence the lives of 7 million people whos names they do not know or will never meet? Yes, this is such a bullsh*t religion! Ur telling me that Jesus is communicating with these old men in New York, and they in turn will tell me what to do with my life. No, f*ck that. Im not giving my youth to these old geezers, no way.

• sabastious
    sabastious

You could take the same position if you were a contemporary of Jesus in the 1st century. You could say that people talk of him like he was something special.

Well, according to the story, Jesus backed up the reputation with some crazy cool shit. What do the Governing Body have to back up their words?

They are maintaining a cult and badly I might add especially now. They talk the talk and give themselves prestigious titles, but they are no more than snake oil salesmen.

I could find someone random on the street that have actually helped more people than any member of the Governing Body.

-Sab

• shadowolf
    shadowolf

yes i agree. as the world modernizes, they are having a hard time keeping they're members in line so they create more controlling rules. I think that eventually the whole org will collapse....i wonder what they'll say in 2040 when armageddon still has not arrived?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If they are having regular chats with the big man upstairs it would feel like they had some sort of celebrity status to the mere mortals that follow them. However, knowing that they don't and they are making it all up as they go along it kinda makes you feel a bit sick.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

While they write in their mags that anointed ones should not be treated any differently they themselves behave like kings....

Loz x

• JRK
    JRK

Not a GD thing.

JK

• I quit!
    I quit!

They love to knock the Catholics for having a the Pope over them yet they do the same thing with their GB only worse because the GB is more controling in Witnesses lives than the Pope is in Catholics lives.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I always hated the "celebrity" status, too. I can remember at conventions, looong lines of people waiting just to be able to say hello to certain people. They might as well have just gone all out and asked for an autograph.

• blondie
    blondie

My grandfather would always say they put their pants on the same way, one leg at a time.

I was told they had no individual revelations and were fed the same way through the publications. I had 2 GB members say they had no idea what was in the mags until they showed up on their desk in their room. But the rank and file in an organization respond the same way, the suck up or brown nose approach.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What makes the GB better than the average JW???

The WBT$ GB..

Have Super Hero costumes..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vJQvjWBhvnw/Sm8qkdM3JvI/AAAAAAAAC9M/0_OpTyyXlI8/s400/super-hero.jpghttp://images.buddytv.com/articles/who-wants-to-be-a-superhero/images/mindset.jpghttp://www.captainsafetysite.com/imgs/superhero.jpg

................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit