Rutherford frequented a brothel located near Bethel

by Scott77 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• designs
    designs

Mouthy, do you know the title of Jim Penton's book and the subjects it covers.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting news Mouthy about Jim Penton - any hint what the new book will be called or what it will cover? Is it an update of Apocalypse Delayed or an entirely new work?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Designs - snap.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

When Jesus ate and drank with the tax collectors and prostitutes, he wasn't partying with them. They weren't raising the roof. He was showing them that he was willing to preach to all the children.

I don't get the impression Rutherford was passing out pamphlets when he went.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Designs & Slim. I will find out what it will be called.
    Jim does read this site very occasionally,
    & Mary goes to visit him ( & his wife)often So I will ask her too,
    But what he told me about it.Was VERY revealing

Mouthy

• homejah
    homejah

Mouthy,I look forward to Jim Penton's new book. Hope it gets released more sooner.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"He told my mom that a group of his friends had access to a spyhole and watched Rutherford be intimate with a sister (name my mom knew; I do not) all the while preaching celibacy. The relationship was clearly sexual."

Yeah, sure - and since we've got your word for it, it's just got to be true ............................

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What about "True" Spiritual Leaders?: The question that needs to be asked is, 'Can we expect something more from a man or woman who is called, chosen, appointed, selected, anointed, and used by God as a contemporary Prophet to lead His people?' If such a man in high station, or an organization who has these men at their helm, and claiming to 'keep their organization clean', holding to high and 'lofty' standards, and being God's 'Channel of Truth' for all mankind in these 'Last Days' of a 'wicked' system, then are we not to expect that these men are in someway blessed, and guarded from bringing reproach on God, and that God is careful to select the 'creme de la creme' of His people to represent His Kingdom interests here on earth? A representation that is said to be the 'sole source of truth and enlightment from God' for the entire planet?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......see reference on King David -- 2 Sam 11:2 - 12:13.

David was allowed to remain on the throne.

If the rumors are true..................so was Rutherford.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    If the rumors are true.......

That's the key, isn't it? This, true or not, is gossip.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

All of this is unimportant. It cannot be proven by anybody. Let's look at what we do know. He was an alcoholic who taught falsehoods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit