Interstate Billboards - $750 a month

by skeeter1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I found an Interstate billboard for $750 a month, minimum of 1 month. There is an additonal charge of $750 for the art.

The billboard is on I-75, near Hahira, Georgia (just north of Valdosta...and the Florida line). This stretch of I-75 catches alot of traffic as it's one of three main routes into Florida. It gets people from the mid-west through Atlanta heading to Disney & Florida. Alot of snowbirds, families, and truckers use this road.

Let me know what you think. I don't know how we'd go about paying for it? Any thoughts?

http://www.oohcenter.com/__outdoor_advertising_rent_billboard_search__search.aspx?s=GA&cy=COFFEE%20County&c=&z=

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

3Mozzies created these billboards:

• skeeter1
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

Here are translations for the above:

God is Love!
    Because Jehovah Witnesses teach how to hate its ex members

Ex members are condemned to social and family death

Mom, I'm calling to let you know that I can't talk to you until you return to Jehovah

Clara I'm calling you to tell you that I will not talk to you until you come back to Jehovah

Carlos, I'm going to request the divorce
    I don't want to hear more from you until you come back to Jehovah

Very emotional!

• skeeter1
  • shamus100
    shamus100

The biggest problem, dear skeeter, is getting together with people we could trust. :(

I'd be all over a $50.00 per month payment - get 15 more people and we have ourselves a billboard. :D

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'll work on finding "someone we can trust."

(Ain't no one in their right or left mind going to trust a person named "Skeeter1"! LOL.)

Skeeter1

• shamus100
    shamus100

Or six screens of the watchtower... Perhaps Brother Dan will do it...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When I first read that the problem of finding someone we could trust - I found it humorous and, yet, biting. As a JW, we were taught not to trust apostates. Now, that we are apostates, we don't trust each other. Leftover programming, perhaps.

Then, our political debates turn very personal. Instead of acknowledging our different opinions and debating the facts - it turns personal attacks on the poster. And, when ex-JWs puts something on the Board (remembering - Bring down the Watchtower in a year), we bitterly attacked and mocked the poster. Perhaps Lady Lee could analyze our bad behavior. It seems like if someone dreams, we tell them "Hell No." My layman answer to our bad behavior iis that we have problems channeling our anger, finding the issues, and facing ourselves now that we are shedding our Watch Tower personality that was neatly pre-determined.

This billboard campaign is an idea that is proven in Brazil. It is our opportunity to come together to tell the world others about our experience. I hope it will educate non-JWs about the dangers of this cult. In this campaign, I hope I will not find that rounding up the ex-JWs is like herding cats. I hope I can find someone 'we all can trust' who can take our idea to the next level.

I wish I had an extra $1,500 burning a hole in my pocket, and I'd just do this alone.

Skeeter

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

What an amazing idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit