What does WT,org teach about the Faithul and Discreet Slave?

by moshe 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Moshe wrote:

It seems to me that a new crop of young guys are working in the writing department who have no personal knowledge of anything written more than 20 years ago. They are just shooting from the hip on these articles.

I wonder to what extent WT writers do serious research to try to be consistent with what the WT has said before.

Since JWs aren't allow to express dissent or ask questions that put the organization in a bad light, writers may get careless.

• moshe
    moshe

Ding, I am thinking the writers who try to do the research will eventually see the "errors" that have been written into the previous WT publications = a crisis of conscience. - and careless they are, but they WT has to ignore the mistakes- they say the slave is over this stuff so they can't admit the imaginary slave made a mistake.

• Ding
    Ding

Moshe,

I don't read the WT anymore but Brotherdan says the April 2011 WT contains the following statement:

"He has delegated some authority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit-anointed Christians. That slave class, in turn, appoints overseers in the
    Christian congregation"

I'm not sure if "he" means Jehovah or Jesus, but you can ask your JW correspondent how this works.

When do these member of the FDS class get together and do this and who exactly are they?

Sounds to me like they are equating the FDS with the GB, even when they delegate the actual local appointments to "other sheep."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit